8 Replies Latest reply on Apr 4, 2016 1:31 PM by qwixt

Low quality after video driver for win 10

soop

Hi! I've got a problem. I've installed win 10 after win 7 and after installing AMD drivers for my videocard (7800 HD), everything is semilunate, pixels, mostly in flash and internet browser applications as well as in windows screen itself. Without drivers (if i delete it) all is good, but exept games ofk, they doesnt work without my videocard drivers. Does anybody metet such a problem?

• Re: Low quality after video driver for win 10
          kingfish

Unless all you want are guesses, please supply some information:

INFORMATION REQUIRED WHEN POSTING A QUESTION

soop

Sorry, I thought it is popular problem maybe:

QuadCore AMD Phenom II X4 Black Edition 955

AMD Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 7800 Series

Operating System: Windows 10 64bit

Driver version installed (tried all 3): Crimson Edition 16.3.2, amd-catalyst-15.7.1 (tried old drivers), AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.1.1 Hotfix Driver Version 15.301.1801

Display: BenQ G2420HDBL, 1920х1080, 60 Hz (maximum, what it suggests me to set)

Motherboard: ASUS M4A87TD

Power Supply Unit: Corsait CX 600

RAM: Corsair XMS CMX4GX3M2A1600C9 2 Gb DDR3-1333 Х4 (4 units)

I've tried to make 2 screenshots and compare them, but it seems not indicative because of smaii size image hostings give. unfortunately. I cant explayn properly maybe, but after drivers installed, its seems like resolution is different, less than 1920х1080, 60 Hz, but win shows the same. I see pixels in menu near watch/calendar (you know in the lower right corner) hard to explain really. i thought it is often-meet problem. it looks grim(

qwixt

Since you mention going from win 7 to win 10, then amd drivers. I suggest using DDU to clean all drivers off your system. That includes NVidia, and Intel, along with AMD. Make sure you turn on the option to stop auto win 10 updates for gpu drivers. Then re-install the AMD drivers.

soop

done just like you said, but useless. dunno, maybe i miss smth very obvious... tommorow will call microsoft, maybe they'll advise smth and ask few people for an advise as well. if probleb will be solved, write here ofk.

soop

weeell....i solved the problem. 2 days, all weekend i fought with it. and now i feel myself blondie-girl... damn! all the problem as i said before was obvios. there is a function in win 10, it wasn't in 7 and i didnt know how to ust it properly...i dont know how it is properly in eng, but this function changes size of text, apps and other elements to 100%-125%-150%. after changing drivers it changed as well from 100% to 125% dunno why, so on my monitor picture become strange and grim...back to 100% and everithyng is good. exept me...

in any case, thank you for help! I'm not very good in computers, i suppose.