1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 3, 2016 7:55 PM by anastasopoulosnikolaos@yahoo.gr

Radeon R9 290X causing computer to turn off after 16.3.2 Update

affenotto

Well this has been a really weird day but I believe I have trouble-shot this enough to have narrowed the problem down.

To start from the beginning

-I have never had this problem in the past

-This morning the computer worked fine but after installing the new 16.3.2 drivers my computer would randomly after a min or two or even less simply turn off. It did not crash nor restart, the computer would simply turn off.

-I checked all power issues both internally and externally they are not causing this.
      -After running out of options and not being able to identify whether this was a software or hardware issue I completely wiped my computer and reformatted/installed from scratch.
      -After that the computer no longer turned off and ran fine.
      -The first and only thing I have installed (besides chrome), was the drivers for the Radeon R9 290X and the computer began to turn off like before. I have tried using the newest and older versions of the drivers and all have the same strange crash/turn-off.
      -If I use DDU to remove the drivers and use my basic display adapter my system is stable and does not crash.

At this point the only viable conclusion is that the issue is with my 290x, since new or old drivers as soon as I begin to use it I have the issues.
      I hope someone could help me with this so I don't have to go shopping for a new card tomorrow.