0 Replies Latest reply on Apr 1, 2016 10:37 AM by mdenton

Alienware X51 R2 BSODs and random reboots after upgrading to Windows 10

mdenton

My machine has been crashing, rebooting and BSODing repeatedly since December of last year after upgrading to Windows 10. I've tried many different fixes. I've uninstalled and reinstalled my graphics drivers, reinstalled Network drivers, Bluetooth drivers, Wacom Drivers, turned off automatic Driver updates, turned back on automatic Driver updates, turned back off automatic Driver updates, updated my BIOS to the latest version, looked at fan data to see if it's overheating (it's not), unplugged my machine for 10 minutes to let it power down completely.

It's still randomly crashing and rebooting. I tried running a Dell Support Assist scan today and that crashed and made my computer reboot. (The last system scan run 15 days ago came up clean). Looking at the System History over the past month I've had unexpected shutdowns 10 out of 30 days with 3 in the past 3 days.  It seemed to get really bad after a Windows Update in the beginning of March.  Most of the BSOD error tags were driver related which was why I hoped updating drivers would help, and why I'm posting here as well as on Microsoft and Dell forums.  The latest BSOD error was a "Kernel Security Check Failure".  There are multiple solved threads for that, but none of them helped me.

System information:

Dell Alienware X51 R2 (Service tag: DWP6M02)

Windows 10 64-bit

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4770 CPU @ 3.40GHz

AMD Radeon R9 200 Series

Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600

Link to log files:

https://app.box.com/s/nzszm9hp95el8d0gq8w4dtpgpommtc44

Hopefully someone can assist me, this is my work computer, and is destroying my productivity.

Three other people in my office have the exact same computer. Two of them upgraded to Windows 10. One of them had similar issues, but uninstalling and reinstalling his graphics drivers, stopping automatic driver updates and updating his BIOS solved his issues. One of them has had no issues whatsoever. One of them stayed at Windows 8.1 and has had no issues either.

Any new ideas would be appreciated.