2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 1, 2016 9:06 AM by kingfish

Blue screen after update crimson-16.3.2

radzio107

Hello. I have Radeon R7 M265 switchable graphic on my laptop Lenovo g510, Win 8.1. After clean installation driver 16.3.2 I have a problem with blue screen. 12891170_1049134648493878_7594371902747335176_o.jpg(polish language)

Most stable driver that I used  was AMD-Catalyst-Omega-14.12. The other day I tried with  drivers update versions to 15, 16 but I had the same similar problem(amd panel doesn't work etc.) and back to 14.12. I hope that in the end it fix it ...

• Re: Blue screen after update crimson-16.3.2
          amdmatt

I would recommend trying the following steps to resolve the issue.

Update your Motherboard bios and Chipset drivers to the latest available from the Lenovo website.

1. Run the Windows self check tool to check scan and automatically repair any corrupt files found in Windows. There is a guide on how to do it here.  What you need to do is run an elevated command prompt (elevated means run it as administrator) and type SFC /SCANNOW. This will generate a statement indicating if errors were found the Operating system and if they were fixable.

2. Make sure you have installed Microsfot NetFramework and Visual C++ 2013. These should be installed already, but they can become damaged, need repairing or reinstalling.

3. Update Windows. Install all available critical, recommended and optional updates. Often Netframework and Visual C are included in the recommended or optional updates Windows provides. Windows should always be fully up to date before installing our drivers!

4. Use DDU to sweep the system of AMD drivers.

5. Attempt to install the latest Crimson 16.3.2 drivers once the above is completed.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • Re: Blue screen after update crimson-16.3.2
            kingfish

First you need to go to Windows Update and install all the relevant 'optional' and 'recommended' updates including .netframework and C++ upgrades. This must be done before trying to install AMD drivers.

Your laptop is equipped with switchable graphics. In order to update the AMD driver, the Intel graphics should be the current version. Go to this Intel link and use the Intel Driver Update Utility to find the latest graphics driver for your laptop. Download and save it to your desktop.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/default.aspx

Download the correct AMD drivers to your desktop > Mobile

Now delete the Intel drivers from your computer using 'uninstall a program' in the computer control panel.

Uninstall the AMD drivers from your computer using the 'uninstall a program' in the computer control panel.

NOTICE IMPORTANT AMD DRIVER UNINSTALL:******

******Computers with Intel processors select 'express' uninstall all AMD software including the install manager.

******Computers with AMD processors custom uninstall the AMD graphics driver and Catalyst Control Panel only.

Reboot.

Note: All anti-malware/anti-virus/anti-anything should be disabled during driver installation.

Install the Intel drivers...reboot

Install the AMD drivers...reboot