6 Replies Latest reply on Apr 5, 2016 10:13 AM by athlios

Radeon HD 7600M - Crimson driver 16.3.2 - Windows 10 issues

athlios

Hello,

First of all, here is my system information.

• AMD Radeon HD 7670M (dedicated memory DDR3 1GB)
      • Intel HD Graphics 4000
      • Laptop - HP Pavilion g7-2200 ev
      • Installed Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.3.2
      • Windows 10 x64
      • CPU Intel Core i3-3110M
      • Chipset Intel HM76 Express
      • RAM 8GB DDR3 1600Mhz

I'm trying to install the 16.3.2 version on my laptop wich is on windows 10 x64, but I encounter some issues.1. When I'm running the installer, there are only 2 options available.

installer_zpsu4fv7psj.png

2. After I'm done with installing and rebooting, the Radeon Settings and the Switchable Graphics are gone from the context menu (right click).

contect%20menu_zpsbhzuxq43.png

I've already tried to run the cleaning tool and tried to reinstall it sometimes. No chance.

Always installing with admin rights.

Any help would be nice.

Thank you in advance.

Andreas

• Re: Radeon HD 7600M - Crimson driver 16.3.2 - Windows 10 issues
          fruitf@ce

For some reason, when using the Driver search tool, it sent me to the Legacy page the first time, but now send me straight to the latest Beta driver.  Nevertheless, you'll find that your vid card is Legacy status.  See the quote from: Legacy

"HD 7000 Series (HD 7600 and below), Radeon™ HD 6000 Series, and Radeon™ HD 5000 Series Graphics products have been moved to a legacy support model and no additional driver releases are planned. This change enables us to dedicate valuable engineering resources to developing new features and enhancements for graphics products based on the GCN Architecture.

As a courtesy to our valued supporters we are providing a final Beta driver together with the release of the AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition. The AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition Beta driver includes the redesigned user interface as well as some enhanced features. More information can be found in the AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.2.1 for Non GCN Products Release Notes. This driver is provided "as is" and will not be supported with further updates, upgrades or bug fixes."

If you look at the latest Beta version, you'll see the following:

"AMD Radeon™ HD 7700M - HD 7900M Series Graphics"

Apparently, AMD was nice enough to provide one last Beta driver from Crimson: Crimson Edition 16.2.1 Beta.  Yes, technically 7670 is above 7600, but they really mean any 76xx.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              athlios

Thank you very much. That was it.

The thing is that, at least for now, AMD still directs you to the 16.3.2 version if you just go by the dropdown menus (driver search tool as you said), choosing and finding your 76xxM card.They should replace that with the legacy driver / beta crimson driver, which worked ok for me.

Also, in the beta crimson driver, I don't see any support for switchable graphics.

I guess it will switch automaticaly when I'm playing games(???)

Thanks again!

Andreas

fruitf@ce

I'm using switchable graphics for the latest revision.  I'm not sure about the revision you're using,  but it's somewhat hidden...  Open the Radeon Settings panel, and on the bottom left of the window, click the "Preferences" box.  Then choose "Radeon Additional Settings."  You'll get a new window, and in the left column, you'll see 3 options for switchable graphics..."Switchable Graphics Global Settings" "Switchable Graphics Application Settings" "Switchable Graphics Application Monitor".

2 of 2 people found this helpful
                    kingfish

"Also, in the beta crimson driver, I don't see any support for switchable graphics.

I guess it will switch automaticaly when I'm playing games(???)"      No it won't you have to assign which graphics to use.

I don't think those are the correct drivers for your laptop....therefore missing features.

These are >Legacy

kingfish

Athlios...did using these drivers work for you?

athlios

The Legacy link you provided is the one I used for my current installation and yes I found the switchable graphics options as described above by .

Thank you all for your help.