2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 1, 2016 1:33 AM by kingfish

Power Efficiency Setting: 16.3.x

gabrielh

GPU: 2 * Asus R9 270 DC2OC

CPU: AMD FX-8350

M/B: Asus Sabertooth 990FX R2.0

Memory: 32GB

Power: Corsair AXi 1200W

Having installed 16.3.2 I have noticed a sporadic sudden performance slow down in graphically intense games from time to time. Upon first going into Gaming ---> Global Settings I saw that the 'Power Efficiency' was set to On. I clicked on it, the little grey box disappeared. So I closed the settings window then reopened it. There was no 'Power Efficiency' box to click on. Closed again. Reopened. This time there was a 'Power Efficiency' box showing as Off. Closed. Reopened. No box. Closed. Reopened. 'Power Efficiency' box there again, showing as On. Rinse. Repeat. Same outcome. Uninstall. Clean Install. Same outcome.

I then simply opened and closed Radeon Settings, making no changes. Sometimes the 'Power Efficiency' would be showing as on, sometimes as off, and sometimes not there at all. So which is it? On? Off? Non-existent? I then cleaned out 16.3.2. and reverted to 16.3.1. Same Issue.

I appreciate that this falls into the category of a bug, but my question which would be most helpful to have answered at this point is what is the last driver version that didn't have 'Power Efficiency' integrated this way? Because clearly it just isn't working as intended.