4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 2, 2016 8:30 AM by bloodlord1989

My deskstop is blurry after updating drivers again

bloodlord1989

WTF AMD!!! The first time I updated to crimson drivers with a resolution of 1680x1050 and the desktop got blurry. Months ago  I had to do a million things to fix it. Then just now a new update came out and i'm back to that stupid blurry desktop thing. I don't remember what i did to fix it for that specific resolution,but you guys in charge of updates have to stop messing up with these glitches. I'm really pissed off because it took forever to fix the issue and now i'm dealing with it again. If anyone answers this and is not AMD or has gone through issue this don't answer because this is glitch related and you won't know what i'm talking about. Also yes i did restart and do the uninstall everything then install again including messing with gpu scaling,  and virtual super resolution. Originally i had though checked on and sometimes turning it off and on makes some changes including different resolutions. But now i can't get it back to the way i had it before the update. One thing i can say is games are not blurry which is good,but this is still annoying because i do more then play games with my pc and require that resolution of 1680x1050 on my HDTV to work in FL studios 12 and have enough space on my screen. I'm also using windows 8.1 64bit with the R9 390. Also bring back the ability to change resolution in amd catalyst who ever thought it was a great idea to take that away needs to use their own product and see how annoying it is. 

• Re: My deskstop is blurry after updating drivers again
            bloodlord1989

I'm sorry,but i'm not using windows 10. Windows 8.1 . It's not the fonts also it's the whole desktop screen. This happened the first time i updated to crimson and then i fixed it somehow. Then it happened again yesterday when updating. This happens with resolution settings where scaling options in catalyst can be used like 1680x1050. I'm using 1360x768 temporarily and doesn't make the whole desktop blurry.I'm  using extended screens also, my second screen (LCD PC monitor) is fine at 1680x1050, but my main screen (HDTV) gets blurry on 1680x1050.

bloodlord1989

Nvm I found a work around using HDTV Support and created a custom HDTV format at 1080i30 custom 1824x1028 30HZ. Fits my screens perfect ,but this is still BS. Updating Crimson shouldn't permanently mess up your resolution for no reason. I was over here running 760p on 1680x1050 wondering why everything was blurry till i saw 760p on the right corner of my screen when the resolution switched. There was no way to set it on 1080i either only way was through HDTV Support. Everything is working fine now,but i hope the next update doesn't screw with my system again because i could not find any help with this bug here or google and many hours went into trying to find a solution.

bloodlord1989

Found a better solution that got me the resolution and refresh rate i had originally. I used "custom resolution" (took a while to figure out since i never messed with it) . Originally I had it at 1080i60 1680x1050 before crimson update set it to 720p60 1680x1050 with gpu scaling on (which i had before) and drove me crazy because without gpu scaling it set it to 1080i with the screen size of 1920x1080,but with the resolution of 1680x1050 which makes no sense. With HDTV support custom i could only get 1080i30. I don't have the best HDTV so i didn't have many choices above 1360x768 with 1080i60. Doing an Uninstall and installing the previous crimson didn't even help. I guess this problem is Solved.