You have not provided much information, we'll need that to help you. There are no common problems setting 144HZ on AMD cards.
Are you connected to a DP1.2 channel? Is the monitor on screen display set to the DP 1.2 channel?
Have you configured Windows to run at 144HZ? You can do this via the Windows Display Properties.
um my monitor only has dp so i think its on dp yeah. its 1,2 yeah but whean i change to a new 1,2 cable than it flickers and turns black avter 10 sec, the windows is only showing 120hz not 144 hz on the advanced settings.
2 of 2 people found this helpful
I am pretty sure that you can only get 144hz on that g-sync monitor with nvidia.
Yep, I just googled it and looked at the cached page on google, although it seems to blame the amd drivers. So not sure whose fault it is, ASUS or AMD.
Please note this information is provided to the best of our knowledge and subject to change without notice.
For further FAQ and information, please refer to the FAQ section in the support area of the product page.
What are the PG278Q full specifications?
- Display: 27-inch (16:9) wide screen
- Resolution: WQHD 2560 × 1440
- Pixel Pitch: 0.233mm / 109 PPI
- Brightness: 350cd/m²
- Display Colors: 16.7M (8-bit)
- Max Refresh Rate: 144 Hz* (AMD Radeon graphics cards are currently driver limited to 120Hz)
- Response Time: 1 ms (GTG)
- Connectivity: DisplayPort, 2 x USB 3.0 ports (downstream x 2, upstream x 1)
- Bezel Size: 6mm
- Adjustments: Ergonomic tilt (+20° ~ -5°), swivel (+60° ~ -60°), pivot (90° clockwise), height adjustment (0 ~ 120mm)
- Wall Mountable: VESA (100 × 100mm)
Good spot, thank you.
Thanks ill get nvidia than haha dont want amd drivers if they cant use 144
Hello, I have a problem...I just bought an Acer XF270H 144hz monitor with Freesync from Amazon. I'm trying to get it to 144hz but I don't get more than 120hz and I don't know why is that because I'm useing the right cable DVI-DL that the monitor's manufacturer provided...grafikcard drivers are updated !!My grafikcard is an XFX AMD R9 280x.PLs help!