6 Replies Latest reply on Apr 10, 2016 10:20 AM by kroms

Driver crashing on Division start or benchmark

kroms

This is what happens when i try to play this game.

Here is hoping AMD support can tell me why.

See Screen Capture

• Re: Driver crashing on Division start or benchmark
          amdmatt

Please provide more information so we can try to help.

kroms

INFORMATION REQUIRED WHEN POSTING A QUESTION

ray_mTerahertz

Providing the information below will get you a faster response from the community.

Describe your system:

• AMD Graphics Card
                • Make and model  =   AMD R9  290  X  2
                • Desktop     =   CoolerMaster HAF Full Tower
              • Operating System
                •                 =    Windows 7 PRO  64bit
              • Driver version installed
              •     Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.3.2
              •     tried  also previous versions of the drivers including 15. series
              • Display Devices
                • Main Monitor Active adapter Samsung Syncmaster 2343 2048x1132 60 hz DVI to DVI on 1st R9 Card Top DVI
                • KDS 24" Monitor  1920x1080  at 60hz DVI to DVI  on  same 1st  R9 Card bottom DVI
              •     2ND  R9 Adapter has  no  Monitor connected to it.

Motherboard

• Make and model  Asus Crosshair Formula AM3 AMD 890FX 6 X Sata 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX
              • CPU/APU
                • Make and model number     AMD FX 8320
              • Power Supply Unit  Make, Model & Wattage
                • Antec Tru  POWER 1100  WATT   PSU
              • RAM
                • Amount of memory installed; Corsair Vengeance 16GB (4 x 4GB) 240-Pin SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)
              • Audio.   Onboard  audio used.
              •  

Describe your issue:

• Provide a detailed description of the issue you are experiencing and the steps required to reproduce the issue.
              • I have already mentioned many times what the ISSUE IS !!   Game freezes / crashes while playing 2-3 mins in and even if i use the ingame Benchmark.
              • Details about applications/games affected (including version number)  =  Tom Clancy's The Division , latest Update.
              • Graphical settings used in the application/game (resolution and 3D settings)    = Tried 1920x1080, and 2048x1132
              • If possible, include a screenshot or video link of the issue   =   SEE MY  ATTACHED SCREEN CAP
                kroms

I also tried disabling Crossfire   AND  disconnecting the 2nd monitor and playing only on the SAMSUNG,    Same result , game crashes , See my screen grap above,

amdmatt

Have you tried an older Catalyst driver such as 15.11.1 Beta?

Have you tried verifying game cache files on steam?

Are you running any overlay software that could cause the game to crash such as MSI Afterburner, etc?

Is any component on your system overclocked? If so put it back to default. The Division is could crash if something is overclocked.

Are any other games crashing?

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                        kroms
                        Re: Driver crashing on Division start or benchmark

amdmattTerahertz

Have you tried an older Catalyst driver such as 15.11.1 Beta?

• Yes, but i don't recall which one.  I'll try again  15.11

Have you tried verifying game cache files on steam?

• Yes,  I'll do this too , again.

Are you running any overlay software that could cause the game to crash such as MSI Afterburner, etc?

• No , I read about it causing issues so i dont have any other thing running, not even the Ubosift Overlay.

Is any component on your system overclocked? If so put it back to default. The Division is could crash if something is overclocked.

• No , don't Over Clock.

Are any other games crashing?

• That is what is most puzzling for me,  All of m y other 100+ games on Steam or  off steam work fine, including Tom clany's Rainbow 6 Siege.
                        • even Ashes of the Singularity run fine.  I'm really confused.

1 of 1 people found this helpful

kroms

Hey  Matt. Just wanted to let you know I installed Windows 10 pro  on a new SSD and I have no issues anymore now, on fact the performance is amazing now even on The Division 60 fps, no problem on 1 GPU.

So something's not right with the Win7 install or some other issues with it. Maybe a reinstall would fix the issues on it but installing Windows 10 now allows me to take advantage of DX12