18 Replies Latest reply on May 1, 2017 2:48 PM by scream2214

HP Pavilion Notebook - 15-p289sa drivers SO CONFUSING

scream2214

Hello!

I'm not a native English speaker so excuse me for any mistake

I'm really having a hard time finding the best driver for my HP Laptop

My laptop is HP Pavilion Notebook - 15-p289sa Which you can find all its specs info clicking on its name.

Running Windows 8.1 64bit

I don't know much about hardware but seems like i have 2 graphic cards
      the primary one which is Radeon HD 8610G and the linked and stronger one which is Radeon R7 M260

for a couple months i've suffered a poor performance in games with these cards but after some searching it was an old driver that caused the poor performance... anyway, i found that this driver which is amd-catalyst-15.7.1-with-dotnet45-win8.1-64bit is the recommended one for me and so i got it installed and it improved the performance considerably.

I'm not sure that the R7 M260 is doing its best as some games like Blur and PES2016 are laggy but i ended up searching for any tip to check if and improvement could be done... Found the previous version of Crimson but it wasn't helping at all ... went back to catalyst and waited untill the newer Crimson went out.

My problem now is that i don't even know if the AMD Quad-Core A10-5745M APU needs a standalone driver or it's included in the crimson and catalyst drivers... and if so, i found in this post -which have the same APU and GPUs- that the primary GPU is Legacy and needs the legacy driver, and the R7 is supported in Crimson so i got both.. uninstalled my current catalyst and installed Legacy driver non-whql-64bit-nieg-radeon-crimson-16.2.1-win10-win8.1-win7-feb27.. restarted and it seemed like i didn't install anything but the radeon software and it gave an error that no AMD graphics driver installed... then i installed radeon-crimson-16.3.2-win8.1-64bit and restarted but nothing changed.

The image below shows device manager display drivers as both seem to have problems... at the same time they both say they're up to date. Plus the Radeon software still gives the error labeled "Graphics"

2016-03-30 18_53_06-Computer Management.jpg

What am i doing wrong or what i'm supposed to be doing because i'm very lost here

Should i just go back to Catalyst and remain stuck with it forever?

any help would be appreciated

Thanks in advance