5 Replies Latest reply on Nov 24, 2017 9:33 PM by jaircarlos

Is there a way to get back the Catalyst Control Center with AMD Radeon HD 4200?

hbenthow

I just upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7, and the upgrade removed the Catalyst Control Center. Now, the only way I have to control my brightness and contrast is through the monitor settings, and none of the settings I've ever tried on my monitor have looked right (no matter how much time and effort I put into tweaking them). Everything either looks to bright and garish to the point that it hurts my eyes, too dark, or a strange mixture of both. Only Catalyst Control Center was ever able to make my display look good and not hurt my eyes.

Is there any way to install a functioning Catalyst Control Center (or even some reasonable alternative) on a computer running Windows 10 with an AMD Radeon HD 4200 built-in video card, without running the risk of having a driver conflict with Windows or otherwise messing things up? The AMD website has some drivers that are compatible with Windows 10, and some that are compatible with the AMD Radeon HD 4200. The problem is that it's an either/or situation: none of the drivers are confirmed to work with both my operating system and my video card.

I've read of a supposed way to install the 13.4 Legacy driver in Windows 10 using the Windows 8 compatibility mode, then force-installing through the device manager. However, I tried it and it didn't work (the Catalyst Control Center installed, but it was missing most functionalities, including the ability to adjust brightness and contrast.) Maybe it can work and I Just didn't do it quite right. I don't know.

If I can't find a solution to this problem, I might have to go back to Windows 7. The visuals on my monitor are insufferable without the Catalyst Control Center.