AnsweredAssumed Answered

Flickering reflections(or shadows, not sure)

Question asked by nano_s on Mar 29, 2016
Latest reply on Mar 31, 2016 by amdmatt

Hello, the problem i'm experiencing is some odd almost unnoticeable flickering on some reflections or shadows in just a few games. I have noticed it in Blade and Soul on the vegetation when there are shadows being cast on it, if i move the camera slowly they seem to start flickering (its barely noticeable). The other game i noticed something similar is in Team Fortress 2 just on the water in cp_well map, it will flicker just a bit of bit when reflecting, though it doesn't happen always.

I have already reinstalled drivers and installed the latest ones. The card is fairly new, bought it about a month ago, the PC is also recently built. These are the specs:

• Graphics card: r7 360
  • Graphics drivers: Crimson 16.3.2
  • CPU: Intel i5 4440
  • Motherboard: gigabyte ga-b85m-d3h
  • RAM: Kingston 1x8 GB 1600mhz
  • PSU: EVGA 500W 80 plus

Video here 2016 03 29 2155 28 - YouTube , notice how the lighting on the foliage and water seems a bit weird. I hope i'm not going crazy over this.

UPDATE: Ok, so i decided to switch to the integrated graphics to check, and the problem remains the same. So i assume the video card is good and the problem is either with the software, the cpu, the ram or maybe just a monitor issue who knows.

Outcomes