8 Replies Latest reply on Jun 11, 2016 10:51 AM by wesleyg1

Problem with drivers 16.3.2

jzuscx

Hi everyone I have a Laptop with this configuration

HP Pavilion - 15-ab114la:

Microsoft windows 10 home 64bits

AMD A10-8700p radeon r6(integrated)+ radeon r7 m360(dedicated)

Ram 12gb

HDD 1000gb

the problem is when i update to crismon 16.3.2 the r7 m360 is updated to "16.150.2211.0" but the radeon r6 no, it stays with previous drivers "15.301.1901.0"( from the 16.2.1)

and I can't fix it, I tried install using first Display driver uninstaller but the problem persists since the version 16.3

when i tried updated using the devices administrator It tells me that the driver is not compatible with the version of windows

and if i try to install only the 16.3.2 (without the 16.2.1) R6 driver is never installed and the crismon says:

"no amd driver is installed or the amd driver is not functioning properly" 

I do not know what to do

Please Help :c

• Re: Problem with drivers 16.3.2
          amdmatt

Taken from the 16.3.2 release notes.

The following "Carrizo" series products are not supported with the AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.3.2 driver - FX-8800P, PRO A12-8800B, PRO A10-8700B, PRO A8-8600B, PRO A6-8500B, A10-8700P, A8-8600P and A6-8500P.

jzuscx

Ok the 16.3.2 is not compatible , But the version 16.3.1 says "AMD APU series codenamed "Kaveri", "Godavari" and "Carrizo" are only supported by AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition on Windows® 7 (32 & 64-bit), Windows® 8.1 (64-bit) and Windows® 10 (64-bit)."

and i can´t install it

kingfish

Go to this page and manually download the latest drivers for your laptop > Download Drivers

Screenshot_2.png

amdmatt

You'll need to use Crimson 15.12 WHQL or Crimson 16.2.1 for the APU. Support was temporarily removed from 16.3 and later drivers due to a bug/.

wesleyg1

Will support be brought back for these cards cause it looks like you have ceased support for chipsets currently being sold as By your Vendor Partners top choices for AMD Hardware (HP, Acer, Lenevo)? They won't roll past these chipsets to the next ones for another 6-8 months!

ray_m

As Matt said, support was temporarily removed.

kmg90

How long is temporary?

It's now 6 months since that last drivers for the 8000 series of APUs....

Vulkan support is not available...

I remember AMD being crappy with their support for previous AMD powered computers I've owned and vowed to avoid the company...

Find a nice laptop with respectable specs (FX-8800p) and performance decide to give the company another shot and driver support is gone within less than 3 months of release.

wesleyg1

Ummm, which 8000 are you referring too? The Carrizo APU's aka (A10-8700P to FX-8800P etc) like the OP's post, those you can use 15.12 WHQL or 16.2.1 drivers and 16.2.1 was released in February(fyi though, it may not work for others, but beta drivers 16.3.1 did work on my A10 8780P build). Which if you search on the Forums you will see that the support for those APU's should be re-instated in the next WHQL drivers due out at the end of this Month, respectfully. Which I myself confirmed when I asked AMD support via Twitter!

Now if your referring to Radeon 8000HD series then that gets a bit more complex since that series is broken up in many ways. For example if your APU is a 5th generation and the graphics part of the APU was an 8000G then its on Legacy support now (16.2.1 Legacy driver). Same as the Radeon 8000HD-8400HD chipsets!

So some more specifics could be helpful to get the answers you need!

Wes