AnsweredAssumed Answered

The Division Once Playable, Now...not so much.

Question asked by b1tgh0st on Mar 29, 2016
Latest reply on Apr 12, 2016 by colesdav

Posting this for a friend of mine while he is at work.

We did a full clean install of windows, moved his motherboard back into a larger case with more breathing room, and put in a stronger Graphic's card. We installed the Division, and it was playing flawlessly at 40 - 50 FPS on low - med settings. Played all night long no issues. He went to play in the morning and then... 2 FPS but only when he is moving. If he stands still his FPS shoots up.  Now this same sort of thing has been posted before with Nvidia and it was PhysX that was the issue.  Again though this play just fine the night before.  He logged in and all of the sudden its just crazy.

So here are the specs

Processor: AMD A10 7870, Again remember it was working fine. I know this isn't an amazing processor for this game but no AMD users are wanting to upgrade until October when the new line comes out and everyone upgrades to DDR4 RAM and new motherboards etc etc.

RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400MHZ

Graphics Card: R9 - Fury

Now, His computer is not running on the AMD A10 internal graphics card. His monitor is plugged in to his R9 290X. He obviously does not have it crossfired since that wouldnt work anyway because the A10's are an A7 270/270X crossfire only I believe.

He has turned of Vsync he has updated his graphics drivers double and triple checked that he is not on the A10. He has also set his graphics in game to as low as they can go ( which he shouldnt have to do ).

He turned his sliders all off... then later messing around he turned the sliders all the way up and it actually made a difference in his FPS and it increased which we all thought was kind of interesting. However its still unplayable.

Does anyone have any ideas on what might be causing this?

I apologize if this is posted in the wrong location.

Outcomes