3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 28, 2016 5:23 PM by norm@home

Windows 8.1 chipset drivers for 760G/780L motherboard?

norm@home

I've installed a clean install of Windows 8.1 on a system that has an Asus M5A78LM-LX Plus motherboard which uses an AMD 760G/780L chipset and I can't seem to locate the correct chipset drivers. I go to this page on the AMD website Download Drivers and go to the "Manually Select Your Driver" section and select Chipsets, AMD 7-Series Chipsets, All 7-Series Chipsets and Windows 8.1 64bit and when I search I get to this page http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/desktop/legacy?product=legacy4&os=Windows%208.1%20-%2064 which downloads this file amd-catalyst-15.7.1-sb-sata-ahci-win10-win8.1-win7.exe but the problem that I'm having is that the after install and reboot all of the chipset hardware like the SATA controller and all the system hardware that you see in device manager under System devices is still using generic Microsoft drivers rather than genuine AMD drivers.

While the system works, I feel like the system is really somewhat sluggish because it's using generic Microsoft driver rather than AMD drivers. Are there drivers that will work for this chipset and Windows 8.1?