3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 29, 2016 9:57 AM by ray_m

Crimson not updating to new version - HD6770

blinzk

Hi,

Today i received a notification on Crimson about a new update, then i ran the update and the install process goes till the end without errors. But then, after reboot and check Crimson again, it doesn't assume the new version and is still showing notification of a new version.

I tried the regular version, and the Beta version. None of them was assumed.

I already tried to uninstall and install it again, and the keeps the same.

2016-03-29_024831.jpg

Ironically, when i check on Gaming Evolved, it says i have the new version of Crimson! Very weird!

2016-03-29_025421.jpg

My graphics card is an ASUS EAH6770 DC/G/2DI/1GD5, the HD 6770.

All was working perfectly until this new Crimson version update alert appeared.

Mothrboard: ASUS m4a88td-m evo/usb3 (latest bios)

CPU: AMD Athlon II X4 640

RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz

PSU: XFX TS 550W

SO: Windows 7 64 Bits SP1 (fully updated)

• Re: Crimson not updating to new version - HD6770
          Hardwood

Your GPU in now Legacy which may be part of the confusion. Read this.

Legacy

• Re: Crimson not updating to new version - HD6770
              blinzk

Well, that's not a very clear explanation but, let's see if i got it!

At the 1st paragraph of that doc it says the HD6000 series are now part of legacy products. And so i guess i should only use the Catalyst driver and not install the whole Crimson pack, right?

Assuming that i just wrote is correct, then why going down on the same doc we see this??

crimson.JPG

Yes, because i also tried the Beta Crimson Driver!

And why does AMD Gaming Evolved shows that i have the latest Crimson installed and the Crimson itself don't?

It doesn't seem like to be a "confusion" as you mentioned. Not mine, at least.

It looks more like a bug or not updated info, by AMD!
              So what should i actually do??