2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 29, 2016 9:12 AM by kingfish

Drivers not working.

svenniiss

First, I'm sorry for this mess of a text.

Shapphire Radeon HD6870.

Windows 10

A little while ago I decided to formate the drive because of some minor problems.
      Turns out, that was a bad idea.

When I was done, I started installing stuff like drivers for my keyboard, internet, and that stuff.
      I completly forgot the display driver(If that's the correct term, I'll just go for that), untill i moved the computer back, and connected the main screen. That was when i noticed it wasn't installed...
      So I installed it, everything looked nice, It got to 100%, I wass happy, the screen went black, came back up, everything worked, looked like the drivers was installed and everything was good.
      For a second of course.

The next second I got an blue screen. It restarted, I was no longer happy, and when it came back up, the quality was bad and everything was big, so no drivers.

I tried installing once again, now I blue screen even earlier.

Turned back on, tried the uninstall option, worked.

Tried installing again. Nope, I don't know how many times I've tried. But now it's not even a blue screen, now it's just nothing happening.

To install the drivers i first used the original CD that followed with for about 4-5 years ago.
      Later i also went to the sapphire homepage, tried to download drivers from there, didn't work.
      Went to this page, downloaded the thing that automaticly detects the right drivers. Still nothing.

And to clear this up, this was originally an Windows 7 computer, that i upgraded to Windows 10 when it came out. It worked nice then, even though I did not have to install the display drivers again, before now. Maybe some problem with instaling on Win10? Well, I know nothing about computers so...

I guess you'll have to ask me if there is anything more you need?
      As far as i know I've still got everything that came with it, so ask and I'll hopefully find it if you would want to help.

So thank you! I hope.

• Re: Drivers not working.
          amdmatt

I would try the below steps, and if the issue persists you may want to try a fresh installation of Windows, update Windows, then install your other software and applications.

1. Run the Windows self check tool to check scan and automatically repair any corrupt files found in Windows. There is a guide on how to do it here.  What you need to do is run an elevated command prompt (elevated means run it as administrator) and type SFC /SCANNOW. This will generate a statement indicating if errors were found the Operating system and if they were fixable.

2. Make sure you have installed Microsfot NetFramework and Visual C++ 2013. These should be installed already, but they can become damaged, need repairing or reinstalling.

3. Update Windows. Install all available critical, recommended and optional updates. Often Netframework and Visual C are included in the recommended or optional updates Windows provides. Windows should always be fully up to date before installing our drivers!

4. Use DDU to sweep the system of AMD drivers.

5. Attempt to install the latest Crimson 16.2.1 Beta drivers once the above is completed.

• Re: Drivers not working.
            kingfish

Correct legacy drivers for your card and Win10 > Legacy