0 Replies Latest reply on Mar 26, 2016 2:03 AM by blargg

CS:GO Screen flickering issue during menuing as well as in game

blargg

I'm having an issue and I'm looking for answers. When in CS:GO menu to choose a game (play, community servers, etc) AND in game on *any* map I am experiencing flickering. For a fraction of a second will be white or black (always horizontal) box will be drawn on the screen, it's often an inch or 1/2 inch "block" that appears, stretching across the entire screen. It will flicker very fast almost as if a menu or something was trying to open for just a fraction of a second. This happens regardless of what's happening on the screen and there's no one thing I can do to reproduce it, but it is reliably reproducible. It happens in every single game session.

Rough system specs:

Windows 10

Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 2 motherboard

1200 W Thermaltake PSU

Intel i7 4770K 3.5 GHz processor (not overclocked)

Patriot 8 GB DDR3 RAM (x4)

XFX AMD Radeon R9 Fury X GPU (not overclocked)

BenQ XL2430T monitor

BenQ monitor settings: In-game display profile: "CS GO", 1080 x 1920 resolution, 144 Hz

This is the troubleshooting I've done thus far, NOTHING has resolved the issue:

- I've tried reinstalling and updating to BenQ's most recent display pilot software, v2.22

- I've tried rolling back, reinstalling, and updating to the most recent GPU drivers for my R9 Fury X GPU

- I've tried updating my motherboard's BIOS

- I've tried using several different display port cables, and HDMI, to no effect

- The issue occurs on ANY display profile setting (I have not set up a custom profile configuration, but all of the FPS defaults that I've used (FPS1, FPS2, CSGO etc) experience the issue.)

- I've tried to reproduce this problem in other games (specifically Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Seige and Arma III) and the issue does not occur, in fact the monitor preforms beautifully in that game!

- I tried Verifying the game cache, and went so far as to reinstall the game, this did not resolve the issue.

- I noticed that the issue happens in other Source engine games, I can reproduce the problem in TF2, it's exactly the same.

- The issue occurs on other monitors (I tried to reproduce the problem on my Asus VS247H 60 Hz monitor and I can reproduce the problem). I can also reproduce the problem on the BenQ monitor running at 60, 120 and 144 Hz

- There is no change I can make on my graphics card's settings to resolve the issue in the AMD Radeon Control Panel settings

- Enabling V-Sync via in-game CS:GO settings fixes the issue! This leads me to believe it's something related to frame buffering, I -really- don't want to use V-sync, so I need this fixed!

- Running csgo.exe in Compatability mode for Windows 8 resolves the issue, but the problem with doing this is that there's definitely a performance drop when running it like this...

Here's a video of the issue:

CS:GO flickering issue - YouTube

(it happens twice, once at :57 and again at around 1:24)

Is anyone else experiencing this? Anyone have any ideas how to fix it? I've tried about everything I can think of.