3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 27, 2016 8:29 PM by goodplay

Radeon HD 7870 display issues

agonist5911

I've scoured the internet for several days trying to figure this problem out. The problem is connecting my PC to my television. It is a Samsung LED TV, I've had this exact same computer connected to the exact same TV in the past. The problem happened when I updated to Windows 10 and was forced to install windows 10 designed drivers through the AMD website. What happens exactly is that I will disconnect the DVI from the monitor after I shut down. Plug in the HDMI and turn the PC on. I can access the Bios just fine for long periods of time. As soon as I exit though, the windows logo will come on and then I will lose signal. TV will literally say "No Signal". I assumed this was a error in installation of the drivers so I removed the graphics drivers completely and restarted the computer using the HDMI and TV. I was able to load into my OS just fine, but windows 10 will automatically download the drivers for my card and then within 2min the signal will be lost again. I'm very frustrated with this. I even tried to redownload the older drivers but I couldn't find anything for them. Maybe I'm missing a setting somewhere? Like a HDMI enable button in the control center, problem is I don't even know where to look. It's all different from what I'm used to. I was using the Catalyst Control Center from about a year ago. Any help would be great, I'm using a really old DVI connected monitor and I just want my TV working back. It's the whole reason I purchased a small desktop and wireless keyboard/Mouse.

Windows 10 Home
      Intel Core i5-3570k CPU 3.40GHz

16GB Corsair

AMD Radeon HD 7870 Sapphire 2gig GDDR5
      Asus Motherboard P8H77-1 BIOS Vers. 1102

I will mention this before anyone goes after my hardware. This was working 100% fine UNTIL the driver update. I've tried 3 TV's and 8 HDMI cables of multiple versions. The fact that the TV will display BIOS and the OS when the driver isn't installed is a clear indication of hardware working perfectly fine.

Thanks