8 Replies Latest reply on Mar 26, 2016 1:33 PM by dpoty

Please read this,i have serious problems with amd.

dpoty

Guys,i have hp pavilion g6.
      i3 processor 2.40ghz   
      Amd radeon hd 7400m
      Intel hd graphics 3000

When i install new drivers and ccenter,my games and applications have texture flickering,no matter what i try,nothing fixes it.
      When i install older drivers(2013,2014) my games has low fps,like 20fps on Freestyle 2 basketball.Can you tell me how to improve fps or something?There is no switchable graphics option in my catalyst control center because my driver is 2014.If i update,then game will have texture flickering for sure.

• Re: Please read this,i have serious problems with amd.
          waltc

When it comes to laptops, believe me when I say that such problems as you are having are best directed towards their source: HP.  AMD did not design and/or manufacture the laptop you own--HP did.  Most laptops are custom designs and are often quite unlike desktop systems (desktops can be 100% industry-standard compliant--I have built my own since 1995), but laptops often require custom drivers for the custom hardware they contain--and those drivers can only come from the manufacturer of the laptop (since no one else manufactures *that* laptop.)  Since the first laptop rolled off an assembly line somewhere, it's been consistently true that laptops are inferior to desktops for the purpose of computer gaming requiring discrete 3d gpus. Laptops are designed for portability and power consumption leading to long battery life whereas desktop systems are most often designed for performance without regard to battery life or overt power consumption; hence, in all respects, desktops are better platforms for gaming than any laptop ever made (just as laptops are better for portability than any desktop ever made, etc.)  Computers are tools just like hammers and saws--and just like construction tools, the kind of tool you own and use is dependent on the kind of task you wish to use it for. It isn't advisable to hammer a nail with a saw; as it isn't advisable to play demanding computer games on a laptop, etc...;)

It seems to me that often people mistakenly believe that a laptop is identical to a desktop, only portable.  Perhaps aggressive marketing by laptop OEMs is to blame, but that is very far from the case, in actuality...!  Caveat Emptor.  Best case scenario: build a desktop for gaming, and use your laptop primarily for those times when you need portability.  (Many people think they need portability when actually that may not be the case at all.)  But, if you are on a budget and have to choose between the two and you choose a laptop, that's fine--but lower and temper your expectations for its support of computer gaming, accordingly, and seek hardware drivers primarily from the laptop manufacturer.