1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 15, 2016 7:39 AM by jadair

No Desktop Management in Crimson? !

morse

Hi AMD,

I know this has been posted by others but I wanted to add my vote to this too.

I run three monitors in Eyefinity, but I still have games that do not run in 5760x1080, that require me to switch back to a single monitor or extended desktop.

In Catalyst Control Center, I used to have three presets to enable me to do this.

Now, in Crimson 16.3.1, the option to disable individual monitors or switch between presets, has gone.

Yes, the Presets option is still in the menu, but it is no use as there is only Eyefinity, and options associated with it.

Please, please, bring back the previous options so that I can easily switch to single monitor gaming when necessary.

• Re: No Desktop Management in Crimson? !
          jadair

Crimson is definitely missing some needed features.  My setup:

3 monitors - 2 cloned and the 3rd extended from those.  This allows my big screen TV to share the same view as my primary gaming monitor and allows me to use my second monitor as addition workspace.  In CCC this was a snap to setup but there is NO way to do this using only Crimson/Windows desktop arrangement.  I found this out after reinstalling Windows 10 and installing only Crimson.  After fighting with eyefinity settings in Crimson and googling for a few hours I gave up and grabbed the last CCC.  Got it done in 2 minutes.

AMD:  PLEASE understand that Windows alone does not seem to allow one to manage more than 2 monitors.  Neglecting to port that feature from CCC is a problem going forward.