37 Replies Latest reply on Apr 14, 2016 9:44 AM by dimasic

Extremely Low FPS on a Decent Computer

lazyassassin247

Hello, I am having an issue with my pc and I am really stumped on what could be causing it. First, my system specs:

CPU: AMD FX 6300 Unlocked

GPU: ASUS Radeon R9 380 2GDDR5 Strix

Mobo: Gigabyte Ultra Durable Series GA-78LMT-USB3

RAM: 2x4GB DDR3 XPG ADATA

HDD: 1 TB 6 GB/s Seagate

PSU: Ultra LSP 650 650W

My issue has been present since I built the PC. Games were not performing as well as they were supposed to. People with similar setups to mine would get a really high fps with certain settings, but when I try the same game with the same settings, my fps is miles below. Originally I thought that my PC was fine and that these tests were just for hype. Recently, however, I built a budget PC for my brother. His specs were generally lower than mine in every aspect; he had a Pentium G3285 Processor, a microatx mobo (dont remember what type), 4 gigs of ram, and a nvidia gt740 gpu.

We decided to compare PC's so that he can see the difference between our builds. We decided to try the benchmark tool in Dirt Rally on the highest settings. The results were surprising. My PC with the Radeon R9 380 struggled with an average of 10 fps while my brother's PC with the gt740 got more than double that. Needless to say I was very surprised. We tried other games: Project CARS, Minecraft, Lego Worlds. The results were the same with my brother's build outperforming my build by nearly double the fps. I know I have all of the latest drivers, I have the latest BIOS version, I'm 100% sure Im virus free, and I never get errors in Windows. I am lost as to what my problem could be. Any help would be greatly appreciated, but until then I'm stuck playing dirt rally on low settings at 40fps.

(All tests were done in 720p resolution as we dont have any higher quality monitors.)