11 Replies Latest reply on Dec 8, 2016 2:46 PM by oregon

Budget Minded

d2beetle

ED 2016.JPG

Description

A simple and inexpensive build for watching DVD videos and playing some games. It was originally in a Corsair Vengeance C70 Case, which made it look even more sparse than it is now. I am reserving the C70 case for my first Zen Build.

Specifications

CPUAMD APU A8 7600 FM2+ 4MB R7 Series
      CoolerBoxed Processor
      MotherboardGigabyte GA-F2A88XM-HD3 FM2+
      MemoryCorsair Dominator Platinum 16GB DDR3 1866 MHZ (CMD16GX3M2A1866C9)
      GraphicsGigabyte AMD Radeon R7 240 GDDR3-2GB (GV-R724OC-2GI) APU Crossfire
      Disc Drive 1WD Blue 1TB 7200 RPM (WD10EZEX)
      Disc Drive 2Asus 24x DVD-RW (DRW-24B1ST)
      PSUCorsair TX650w Series 80 Plus
      CaseEnlight 7237 Mid Tower
      MonitorViewsonic 19" VG910b (1280x1024)
      Operating System
      Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit (OEM)
      HeadsetBlackweb Gaming Headset
      Keyboard/Mouse 1
      Logitech S510 (Wireless)
      Mouse 2
      Logitech Trackman Marble

Here is the list of games that I played using this configuration ...

Game List.bmp

Message was edited by: Frank Bryant

• Re: Budget Minded
          warpfact0r10

The power supply and chassis look just a tad mismatched with the rest of the components.

d2beetle

Changed the Monitor to an actual computer monitor (Samsung U28E590D), wanted to see what the performance was at higher resolutions above 1080P (1920x1080). Wanted to use the Display Port, but the video card only has HDMI and DVI; so using the HDMI Cable, running at the default max resolution (3840 X 2160), Path of Exile is noticeably choppy, but playable. At times, especially in the water, noticed thin vertical and horizontal lines from some grid pattern. Had to drop the resolution down to 1080p before the choppiness was not noticeable; if you make a point to look for it, you will see it in the environment.

d2beetle

This was one of four computers; which I no longer use, so I am giving it to my younger brother and his kids for Christmas 2016.

ant25b

How are the temps on this? I would be slightly worried during gaming sessions with only the PSU fan and single 80mm in the rear for exhaust lol

kxuping

Do you use it as a HTPC on a big screen or on your desk 4 movies?

oregon

Really nice and clean. Totally love budget builds. I really loved seeing WC ll and WC lll on your list of games. Caught my eye. Also liked seeing DOOM, Path of Exile, and Diablo lll on there as well.

16GB RAM seems a little overkill, but hey, can't go wrong with more RAM.

Overall, thanks for sharing, I really enjoyed checking this out, and including the list of games was a huge bonus. Thanks a ton for sharing.