14 Replies Latest reply on Mar 29, 2016 7:48 AM by amdmatt

MSI Radeon R7 370 4G Malfunctioning?

maple.mayhem

Hi everyone, I thought I should post here before RMA'ing my gpu.

Here are my specs:

MSI Z97 - G43 Motherboard

Intel i5-4690k 3.5 GHz CPU(not overclocked)

*MSI Radeon R7 370 4G*

Corsair CX500M PSU

1x8GB RAM (Dual channel, 4 slots)

Windows 10 Pro 64bit

I just put this pc together a couple days ago and I believe my GPU may be faulty, whenever there is any load on it I get a grey screen with vertical stripes, or a black/blue/white screen.

I've watched the temps of the PC and it always happens when the GPU hits 35-40C (which I understand to be quite low) all other temps like the CPU look perfectly acceptable. And the GPU load isn't maxing out at 100 or anything.

I downloaded MSI afterburner to adjust the fan speed (I have NOT overclocked) and when the GPU gets to about ~36 my screen starts getting random fluorescent squares all over it until I increase the fan speed and lower the temperature.

When I start a game or benchmark test it just crashes when it reaches about 40C, the pc keeps running but video is gone and sound either hangs or shuts off. I need to manually shut down the computer and let it sit for 5-10 minutes presumably to let the GPU cool down. Idling temperatures are only about 26C.

When I remove the R7 gpu the integrated Intel graphics run games and benchmark tests without any problems at all.

Things I have tried,

Updating BIOS to most current version

Uninstalling and reinstalling current and previous versions of AMD Drivers for GPU (including chipset drivers)

Ran RAM tests and CPU tests (all seem to be functioning properly)

Any suggestions or idea's?

Thank you everyone in advance.