2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 21, 2016 8:43 AM by amdmatt

Black Ops 1 - Newer Driver Issues - Please Fix AMD

shadyorb09

Hello, I've been a big fan of Call of Duty: Black Ops on PC. It's no secret that the game is a pretty bad port, but it does work well as long as you apply lots of tweaks and have a beefy system.

Back in 2010 that was a big issue because it was hard to push Black Ops to get higher FPS especially because it was a bad port. Now that's not so much of an issue but stuttering and low FPS in big areas are with the new drivers that AMD puts out.

I've been experimenting and reading lots about fixes on Black Ops, and I came across something interesting. It's seems that every driver newer then 12.8 doesn't seem to work with Black Ops, but if you roll back to exactly 12.8 the game runs as smooth as butter. That doesn't mean that 12.8 drivers are the key to success though, trying to play other games with these drivers are difficult some don't even start and other just have artifacting issues, stuttering, low FPS, and lot's more. It also has lots of issues in Black Ops too, I noticed a lot of artifacting in far away distances. Seems to only be an issue with newer cards, mine currently is a R9 280x.

So the reason I made this thread, (Not even sure if I'm in the right place) was to ask AMD to kindly fix the issue in a future driver. I know this game is old, but many people still play it. It'd mean the world if you guys fixed this, I love this game to death and it'd be a shame to see it go. Honestly, I'd even pay for them to exclusively make a driver for this game, I love it so much.

Thanks for reading, and please AMD <3