3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 30, 2018 12:58 AM by palkman

Can't uninstall Amd overdrive

gemini002@hotmail.com

I can't unistall amd overdrive also can't update it saying I have a newer version when my version is 2 years old. So i try to uninstall but get this error every time

Error 1721. There is a problem with this windows installer package. A program required for this install to complete could not be run. Contact your support personnel or package vendor.

Aodassistrem,location: C:\program files (x86)\amd\overdrive\aodassist.exe, command: -u

I have A10 6700 asus

r9 390 and r9 290

16 gb ram

win 10

Crimson 16.3(unistalled and tried same result)

• Re: Can't uninstall Amd overdrive
          Hardwood

What version? I  have 4.3.1.0698 and believe it's the newest. You might not want to  uninstall if it's working.

Another option is to use Revo Uninstaller to see if it'll get rid of it.

amdmatt

Please try the following to troubleshoot your issue.

1. Run the Windows self check tool to check scan and automatically repair any corrupt files found in Windows. There is a guide on how to do it here.  What you need to do is run an elevated command prompt (elevated means run it as administrator) and type SFC /SCANNOW. This will generate a statement indicating if errors were found the Operating system and if they were fixable. Don't panic if they are not able to be repaired, continue with the steps below. If the steps below don't resolve the issue, then it's time for a fresh Windows installation.

2. Make sure you have installed Microsfot NetFramework and Visual C++ 2013. These should be installed already, but they can become damaged, need repairing or reinstalling.

3. Update Windows. Install all available critical, recommended and optional updates. Often Netframework and Visual C are included in the recommended or optional updates Windows provides.

4. Use DDU to sweep the system of AMD drivers.

5. Attempt to install the latest Crimson 16.3 drivers once the above is completed.

palkman

I had same problem. I tried re downloaded and then reinstalled overdrive but chose repair during install process. Then when it asked me to restart i said no and i uninstalled overdrive completely. I wasn't looking to fix it i was wanting it off my computer.