2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 14, 2017 5:12 PM by claudiumn86

Dithering Nightmare

spcxxx

There are many buyers that are angry about AMD new APUs because the output to 6bit LCDs looks terrible because of inactive dithering...

Example:

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/Lenovo-G50-45-Gradient-Display-Problems-and-Banding-Dark-Dim/td-p/1735183

Fortunately the latest Crimson Edition 16.3.1 Hotfix helps but just sometimes.

For example with 6bit LP140WF1 LCD screen the dithering is active and color gradients are GONE, when I plug in the SAME NOTEBOOK the NV140FHM LCD screen

(which has same specs = 6bit FHD IPS screen) then dithering is DISABLED!

This is just crazy

• Re: Dithering Nightmare
          spcxxx

I tried other versions of driver  - and even 15.12 is turning on DITHERING - but just on LP140WF screen!

So for at least 4 months there is no progress with this issue

I even tried EDID driver from ENTECH to `force` the EDID of LP140WF screen to NV140FHM screen, but the dithering is still disabled

So it is probably not switched according the EDID....

• Re: Dithering Nightmare
              claudiumn86

After I read the Lenovo forum I've changed my display with a full hd one but the problem is still there. To be honest, there is a small diference but just not enough.

I went to the service and they just replaced the mainboard, but that didn't produce any changes.