8 Replies Latest reply on Nov 19, 2016 9:12 AM by colesdav

The Division crossfire performance issues

kukoylp

Is anyone else having performance issues when using crossfire in The Division?

When I have just one card enabled (Asus HD7850), I get an average of 45 frames per second.  When I enable crossfire, I get an average of 20 frames per second.

• Re: The Division crossfire performance issues
          gemini002@hotmail.com

your lucky as I get 0 fps the game just crashes in crossfire for me. Crossfire is barely working in any game for me scaling is horrible and most times the games just dont work in crossfire. So frustrating.

colesdav

Please see benchmark data at https://community.amd.com/docs/DOC-1494#start=125

If you wish to add your own benchmark data in the same format I will upload the powerpoint / openoffice templates for you.

colesdav

Hi,

RE: Wanted to wait for Polaris ... did you mean to say Zen CPU?

RE: Now I have I5-4690K ... O.K. So I have been looking at the performance of "The Division" on my System. Don't know if you had a look at the performance numbers yet, but my System uses an i7-4770K.

I have also mimicked the performance of an i5-4670K by turning off hyperthreading in BIOS. There is a Frame Rate drop but it is not as much as I was expecting.

Good luck with your new hardware.

colesdav.

colesdav

Negative Scaling and Flickering issues in "The Division" are fixed if I install AMD Crimson 16.8.3. (been fixed since 16.8.1 for me).
                I get +43% scaling now. Previously I saw negative scaling like you describe.

I have to turn off Frame Rate Target Control and Frame Pacing otherwise any Crossfire title will freeze or Crash on me.
                I can now run The Division on Ultra at average of 56-60 FPS.

My System is CPU: i7-4770K.
                GPU 1: Sapphire HD 7970 OC 6GB Vapor-X.
                GPU 2: Sapphire R9 280X OC 3GB Tri-X.
                Not on Crossfire Compatibility Chart but works.

Hope this helps.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                    colesdav

Latest update on "The Division" Crossfire Performance Testing on "The Division Patch 1.4. and AMD Crimson 16.11.3.

I can now hit a benchmark score of 59 FPS in "The Division" on Ultra Settings with Vsync Disabled in "The Division" settings. I have to use Frame Pacing and Frame Rate Target Control = 80 to achieve this.
                    Frame Pacing and Frame Rate Target Control to 80 in Crossfire in "The Division" seems stable with no System freezing  during the benchmark which is a first for me.

I will be testing these settings extensively during regular "The Division" Gameplay on Ultra and with all Graphics settings completely Maxed Out next.

I will update this Thread with what I see.

My System is as follows:

CPU: i7-4770K.

GPU 1: Sapphire HD 7970 OC 6GB Vapor-X.

GPU 2: Sapphire R9 280X OC 3GB Tri-X.

Not on Crossfire Compatibility Chart but works.

Both my CPU and GPU are running with Stable +16% Overclock to achieve this.
                    I will be posting these benchmark results including Video Capture as soon as possible.

I think these are great Benchmark Results for a "Pair of HD7970's" in Crossfire on what is by far the most demanding "CPU&GPU Utilization" game I have seen to date.

Great work from AMD Driver Team to get to this point.

I have just purchased a pair of R9 Fury X Nano's and I will also give feedback on those at a later date.

Hope this helps.

Bye!