1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 4, 2017 6:57 PM by gwenwolf

Anyone having issues with Sapphire Nitro Fury?

brucer

as per the title?  Anyone having the inherent black screen and driver crashing issues with the Sapphire Nitro Fury? 

My first Fury card was a Gigabyte Fury that got black screens at desktop and video_tdr failure to the point my computer was unusable.. I rma'd it to newegg and they agreed to a refund and I went with the slightly more expensive Sapphire Nitro Fury...  Now I have to give Newegg a good rating, the day they received the returned card the refund was issued within a couple hours with no hassle and I was able to purchase my new card and it was shipped out the same day...

The only things I'm pissed about is the first card being bad. I feel Gigabytes QC or another party's Quality Control on their graphics cards is slipping, not the first time I've heard this.. I would almost bet they are outsourcing the gpu manufacturing to a not so reliable manufacturer.

I had to eat the shipping to me on both cards, which totals about $15.00..

I hope this Sapphire card works, if not I'm gonna be one pissed off guy..

• Re: Anyone having issues with Sapphire Nitro Fury?
          gwenwolf

I 'am also having issues with the Sapphire Nitro Tri x R9 Fury card... random black screens when playing  games. No matter what the game it just randomly happens.  I have been digging for days on end since i have purchased and booted this card up and it appears this is problem thats been around for over a year. I 'am at my last nerve and about as frustrated as a mama bear ready for a fight. I have posted this 2 days ago and not once has a AMD Rep responded to my issue. It appears This company cares two cents about its consumer has abandon us to our own demise. I have truly regretted my purchase and will never be purchasing AMD again. I have always build AMD systems and have recommended them to my friends. That is one habit i will be correcting as i have found this Black screen issue has been around for more then a year and has been recorded since their 380 and 390 cards. I'm so beyond pissed off right now with this company. No wonder Nvidia stays on top. They keep selling broken products with no damn fix's. rrrgggghhhh and so angry right now... what a waste of money........... ;-;

Wanted to update you on my findings friend. If you install only the drivers and the drivers only it appears that the black screen issues and crashes go away. This was my solution to my problem of random black screens and games crashes. I also did install the VSR feature to activate the other resolutions like 1440 and 2160p and removed the software after . It worked perfectly. I now have the VSR resolutions and no black screens and random  game crashes. It is their own software causing my issues in the first place. It has great features but it apparently has many bugs they never fixed or completely ignore. Good luck with your Fury as i am happy now that my time is spent using it for games and not trouble shooting.