AnsweredAssumed Answered

Screen flickers using DisplayPort on Windows 10

Question asked by schnabautz on Mar 17, 2016
Latest reply on Sep 30, 2018 by sereno011

Hello,

I bought a brand new PC with an AMD Sapphire R9 390 graphics Card and a iiyama ProLite B2783QSU-B1, 27" Monitor which especially says Freesync support as a feature.

I am using a fresh installation of Windows 10 Pro 64bit. I connected the DP cable which came with the monitor and I use the latest Crimson Drivers from the website (also tried older ones).

In Windows i get crazy flickering, white stripes and popping sounds. This happens more frequently when i use my inputs like mouse or keyboard.

When I Switch to DVI it works fine but I can't use Freesync since it is only supported with DisplayPort.

I searched here on the Forums and on Google and found a crazy amount of other people having the same issue but nowhere to a good solution.

I don't want to order an expensive new cable or send back my monitor/graphics card since most sources say it seems to be a driver related problem.

So does anyone have a solution for this or does even AMD acknowledge this problem? Is there a solution planned with future updates?

Any help would be appreciated, thank you in advance.

Best regards

Outcomes