7 Replies Latest reply on Sep 6, 2016 9:37 PM by jakslap

I never wont buy AMD gpu again

opreax

I spent 1000 dollars on MSI GX60 with CPU AMD A10-5750M + Radeon 8650G with good card Radeon 8970M.

Everything was fine, Far Cry 4 30-50fps on ultra, other AAA games too...

And now LATEST CRIMSON DRIVERS DOESNT WORK! Last driver which works fine is 15.11.1.

I tried all newer drivers and nothing, even newest 16.3 doesnt work, it displays it doesnt support 8650G, WHO IS GAMING ON 8650G???!!

Thats why there is 8970M, strong card for gaming.

Fix this serious problem...

• Re: I never wont buy AMD gpu again
          kingfish

Your APU determines what graphics driver is supported.

Screenshot_1.png

These are the correct drivers for your laptop > Legacy

1 of 1 people found this helpful
            waltc

Glad to hear that you will never refuse buying an AMD GPU again!  (Which is what "I never won't buy an AMD GPU again" means.) I agree that AMD GPUS are generally superior...;)

Now, you need to bug MSI for drivers, since they manufactured your laptop, not AMD.  OK, and if your last driver works fine with all of your software and you were happy with it why are you not using it?

Hint: If you enjoy gaming and you want to use the latest AMD (or nVidia if you go that route) drivers as they are released, do yourself a gigantic favor and the next time you have ~$800 to spare, put it into a desktop!  Use your laptop for your portable computing needs and your desktop for gaming.  And buy yourself a discrete 3d card--not a mobile 3d-gpu designed for power-saving in a laptop environment  The R9 series for desktops are very nice.  Trust me when I say that you will be ever so glad that you did. The 16.3.2 Crimsons work nicely in my desktops.  With laptops it is *always* a crapshoot because laptops more often than not employ custom hardware (non-standard hardware) and so often your GPU drivers *must* come from the manufacturer of your laptop exclusively. In your case that would be MSI.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                opreax

As I said till 15.11.1 drivers werk nicely and suddenly they decided that newer drivers won't work on my laptop, because they want me to buy newer laptop or pc? I wont support these politics. Newer drivers could work on my 8970m but they don't want to, its clearly their fault.

adamwox

Why you guys still trying to blame MSI for that. AMD decide to give a legacy status for AMD A10-5750M as a producer. On facebook you put posts that your graphic cards are awesome and can handle DX12 but... without APU obviously.

That cheating on customers and I will never buy APU again and so my customers.

jakslap

I never wont buy AMD gpu again

So what AMD product are you gonna buy next? i head the RX480s are pretty good