5 Replies Latest reply on Mar 24, 2016 1:07 PM by majstrzvasi

Rise of the Tomb Raider DX12 / Hitman DX12 Crossfire

sparton2142

Is there anyone having an issue with Direct X12 Crossfire? Or is it that DX12 is yet to support crossfire?

Rise of the Tomb Raider in Direct X 12 Crossfire does not work at all for me on my HD7990 nor does it work on the new release of Hitman. Tomb Raider in crossfire will only work in DX11. Hitman crossfire does not work with any option. Crossfire works in other games that support it in DX11. Is there an issue with DX12 and crossfire?

• Re: Rise of the Tomb Raider DX12 / Hitman DX12 Crossfire
          majstrzvasi

I wuld also like to know tomb rider dx12 works single card only for me and i was so excited to see how dx12 wuld increase my fps drops in some arreas where gpu usage culdnt reach it max with my crossfire setup. AMD ati comoon dx12 cf support please.

ray_m

With DirectX 12, Crossfire support has to be enabled at the application level.

majstrzvasi

I tested today problem in dx11 is again like in most games with amd crossfire in some arreas of the game especialy where is a lot of npc there  some bottleneck appears

My test looks like this i set resolutions from 1024-768   to  2560 -1440  i go to some point in the game where my fps drops below 60fps and are stable in this case i found an arrea where fps was stable 43fps then i change resolutions and watch how my gpus and fps react.  Fps remains the same 43 all the time changing resolutions only gpu1 and gpu2 load goes from 55% at 1024 -768 to 88% at 2560 -1440

So the horspower is there gpus culd handle higher fps there is clearly some other botleneck game coding drivers or dx11 in general so when they do dx12 crossfire support i hope this bottleneck in some arreas of the game will be resolved i hate to se my gpus culd handle 60fps smooth gameplay and then this annoing fps drops feels like annoing slowdowns appears trough out the entire game.  My settup is 7950 1050/1500 crossfire cpu is i7 2700k 4.6ghz ram is 16gb 1866mhz ddr3.