3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 19, 2016 3:34 AM by danielcavalli

Computer turning off when intall driver

danielcavalli

4 days ago my computer started giving a video problem where colored stripes appeared on the screen (a bluish-gray tone). Since then had several problems, first computer stopped entering in the logon screen (going straight to the troubleshooting screen), then he began to not enter even in this screen and I had to do BCDedit Legacy to get into the safe mode and remove the video drivers.

After removing the video drivers the computer started normally and I could use it for about five minutes until the windows Auto-Updater to update the driver and the video issue again. When I realized that I returned to safe mode and removed the drivers to see if that was the problem, he gave no other: video errors appeared in five minutes. After I took the Internet cable and removed the new driver, I was 30 minutes without the Internet with your computer running "normally" (low resolution due to lack of drivers), connected to the Internet and less than 5 minutes after the computer malfunctioned again.

I started to think that the problem would be Windows 10 and I downloaded windows 8.1 again. When I finished the download of the most recent AMD Driver I've faced the same problem again, the PC restarted. After a few tries I found out that the AMD driver ALWAYS crash the PC and while I was using the Windows Standard Driver I could use the PC for almost everything(Unless Games and do my school homeworks as I study Programming). Anyone faced this problem? Did you know how to solve this?

-------------------------------------------------- ------

The message Video_tdr_Failure appeared only one time and then never again, put as title because that was the only mistake name I received.

-------------------------------------------------- ------

Processor and Video Card:

Processor: AMD FX-6100

Video: AMD Sapphire 270X

• Re: Computer turning off when intall driver
          amdmatt

The issue you have described could be caused by a driver or a faulty GPU. Please try the steps below to see if it resolves the issue.

1. Run the Windows self check tool to check scan and automatically repair any corrupt files found in Windows. There is a guide on how to do it here.  What you need to do is run an elevated command prompt (elevated means run it as administrator) and type SFC /SCANNOW. This will generate a statement indicating if errors were found the Operating system and if they were fixable.

2. Make sure you have installed Microsfot NetFramework and Visual C++ 2013. These should be installed already, but they can become damaged, need repairing or reinstalling.

3. Update Windows. Install all available critical, recommended and optional updates. Often Netframework and Visual C are included in the recommended or optional updates Windows provides. Windows should always be fully up to date before installing our drivers!

4. Use DDU to sweep the system of AMD drivers.

5. Attempt to install the latest Catalyst 15.11.1 Beta drivers once the above is completed.

danielcavalli

I've done that and the errors still happen. I really don't know what's happening, I use the PC in FULL HD with the standard drivers that came with the Windows and I can use for almost everything, except DirectX Based things. It's just Install the AMD drivers(don't matter what version) and the screen turns black for ever.

A comment that I've forgotten is: The PC keeps on but without Image, just a black powered screen(It's still sending some process because the image doesn't turn off entirely, it's like when the pc is on a Black resting screen)

danielcavalli

It's possible to be the HDMI conector(from the video-card, not the cable) that is wrecked? I'll try use a VGA-Cable to test but this sound crazy to me.