AnsweredAssumed Answered

Crimson 16.3 causes a constant screen tear in games that rises horizontally from bottom of screen while using Freesync

Question asked by xc4ly3ur on Mar 14, 2016
Latest reply on Mar 25, 2016 by maverick618

After performing a clean install of Crimson 16.3 drivers, I have noticed that while gaming in fullscreen and with Vsync disabled in-game, a horizontal screen tear slowly rises from the bottom of my screen to the top. The screen tear no longer appears when I enable Vsync in-game. However,  after noticing this issue, I performed a clean install of the Crimson 16.1 drivers and played the same game with Vsync disabled, the screen tear no longer exists. With both driver installs, I have ensured that Freesync was enabled in the Crimson AMD Radeon Settings window. In fact the settings of both driver installs mirrored each-other except for the "Power Efficiency" slider, which isn't available in the 16.1 drivers.

Here are my system specs:

*Intel Core i7-3770 @ 4.1GHz CPU

*Asrock Z77 Extreme4-M motherboard

*AMD Radeon R9 Fury X

*16GB DDR3 2400MHz

*240GB OCZ Vector 180 SSD

*5TB Toshiba X300 HDD

*EVGA 750G2 Powersupply

*Acer XR341CK 34" Curved 3440x1440 Ultrawide Freesync Monitor

Any constructive input is greatly appreciated. I have already submitted this issue to AMD via the proper submission form. Hopefully this will be addressed and resolved soon.

Outcomes