6 Replies Latest reply on Mar 26, 2016 2:37 AM by maverick618

Crimson 16.3 causes a constant screen tear in games that rises horizontally from bottom of screen while using Freesync

xc4ly3ur

After performing a clean install of Crimson 16.3 drivers, I have noticed that while gaming in fullscreen and with Vsync disabled in-game, a horizontal screen tear slowly rises from the bottom of my screen to the top. The screen tear no longer appears when I enable Vsync in-game. However,  after noticing this issue, I performed a clean install of the Crimson 16.1 drivers and played the same game with Vsync disabled, the screen tear no longer exists. With both driver installs, I have ensured that Freesync was enabled in the Crimson AMD Radeon Settings window. In fact the settings of both driver installs mirrored each-other except for the "Power Efficiency" slider, which isn't available in the 16.1 drivers.

Here are my system specs:

*Intel Core i7-3770 @ 4.1GHz CPU

*Asrock Z77 Extreme4-M motherboard

*AMD Radeon R9 Fury X

*16GB DDR3 2400MHz

*240GB OCZ Vector 180 SSD

*5TB Toshiba X300 HDD

*EVGA 750G2 Powersupply

*Acer XR341CK 34" Curved 3440x1440 Ultrawide Freesync Monitor

Any constructive input is greatly appreciated. I have already submitted this issue to AMD via the proper submission form. Hopefully this will be addressed and resolved soon.