17 Replies Latest reply on May 8, 2016 7:35 PM by iamthesaga

AMD Red Team HWBOT competition! (Win prizes by overclocking!)

cavemanthe0ne

Who's interested in a little competition to see who can overclock the best? I've made it so that even if you don't have the most powerful hardware, you still have more than enough chance at winning, by showing your tuning skills!

Rules: To participate in the competition, you must join the AMD Red Team @ HWBOT and then post in this   thread to let me know what your username(s) are. Other than that, you can use any hardware and you must follow the HWBOT submission rules to submit scores (linked here HWBOT General Rules and Guidelines ). If you are new to overclocking, you can check out this guide to see how to submit scores on Hwbot: A guide for submitting results on Hwbot.org!

The competition will run from March 15th, 2016 (03/15/2016) until April 30 2016 (04/30/2016)

The tests:

There will be three tests:

CPU Frequency (by percent overclocked)

3dmark11 (Performance)  (Highest Score)

Cinebench R11.5  (Best Score per core... i.e. if you get 5 points with a 4-core CPU the score would be 5/4 of a point.)

The Rewards:

1st place overall: $20 Steam code

2nd Place overall: $10 Amazon Gift Card

3rd Place overall: $5 Amazon Gift Card

(Please note: This is not sponsored by AMD- I am running this competition and giving out prizes myself, because I like to do this kind of thing and would like to see how many people are interested in overclocking.)

How placing works:

1st place gets 10 points, 2nd place gets 8 points, 3rd place gets 6 points, and each place after that gets 1 point less. (for example, 6th place gets 3 points.)

I'll keep track of the submissions in a table down below.