3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 2, 2016 10:31 AM by menacerx

Crimson 16.3 breaks my Creative sound card software and its USB functionality.

menacerx

I did lots of testing. Pre 16.3 for windows 7 64 bit, I was running the last version of Catalyst. I did a clean install of Crimson 16.3 to update and see if there was a performance difference. After rebooting the computer my USB sound control module was no longer functional. So I tried re-installing my sound drivers. No dice.

Ultimately I uninstalled my sound and video drivers, did a cleanup and rebooted. Then I reinstalled the old Catalyst software. Check all good there, added back my Creative Omni 5.1 controller drivers for my sound card module. All good again.

Dont know what is different in the driver package for 16.3 but it broke my controls. So I had to go back to pre-crimson. So far I am not impressed with the crimson effort. I tried it when it was first released and it broke things in Fallout 4 and other game like several others reported. I have yet to be able to use it at a functional level.

I am open to any suggestions. But right now I am going to follow my old mantra of it aint broke dont fix it and stick with the Catalyst software until more of the bugs come out of the Crimson software design.

My setup:

i7 4790k w/ Corsair H60 liquid cooled.

32 GB of G. Skill DDR3 @1866

Gigabyte z97x Black Edition board

Gigabyte R9 390 G1

500 GB 850 EVO SSD Main drive

1TB SSHD Game drive.

4 1TB Blk Ed. Data drives.

750W PSU Modular by Thermaltake