|OS||Windows 10 Pro x64|
|GPU||AMD Radeon HD 5970|
|GPU Control Panel||Catalyst 2015.0804.21.41908 (Catalyst 15.7.1)|
|Display Devices||2x SHARP LC-32SB28UT (https://www.sharpusa.com/ForHome/HomeEntertainment/LCDTV/Archives/LC32SB28UT.aspx)|
|Motherboard||ASUS P6X58D Premium (https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/P6X58D_Premium/)|
|CPU||Intel BX80613I7980X (http://ark.intel.com/products/47932/Intel-Core-i7-980X-Processor-Extreme-Edition-12M-Cache-3_33-GHz-6_40-GTs-Intel-QPI)|
|Power Supply||CORSAIR HX850 (http://www.corsair.com/en-us/hx-series-hx850-power-supply-850-watt-80-plus-gold-certified-modular-psu)|
|RAM||Corsair HX3X12G1600C9 G (http://www.corsair.com/en-us/hx3x12g1600c9)|
As the title says, I receive what I can best describe as a fragmentation of graphics when I access games. Here's a screenshot of the issue as it occurs in Final Fantasy XIV:
When I'd upgraded to Windows 10, I was too busy to be able to play a lot of games, but when I started to be able to play again, I started encountering this issue. As can be seen in the screenshot, the user interface is completely unaffected. This is mirrored in Star Wars: The Old Republic, StarCraft II, and just about any other game I try. I decided to try my luck with non-MMORPGs but found the issue persisted on those, also.
Here's a list of what I've tried:
- Ensuring the drivers were up-to-date.
- Uninstalled drivers and Catalyst, restarted machine, confirmed generic drivers had auto-installed, and reinstalled drivers and Catalyst.
- Modified game settings for multiple games until I finally gave up on being able to fix it with the game settings.
- Attempted using Crimson Edition.
- Reinstalled games.
- Reseated GPU in the motherboard.
- Changed slot in motherboard.
- Reinstalled OS.
- Attempted overclock.
- Removed overclock modification.
Nothing had any affect on the issue in any games I tried. I was shocked to find it in the original Halo with and without compatibility mode!
I have absolutely no issue outside of "fullscale" games. Browser games, videos, graphic-heavy websites, etc. have no issue with displaying. For "fullscale" game, short of replacing my GPU, which I can't afford to do, I'm out of ideas on what else I can try to fix this.