AnsweredAssumed Answered

AMD APP Video Recording Programs Crashing Full PC

Question asked by warspirituk on Mar 11, 2016
Latest reply on Mar 21, 2016 by warspirituk

Hello I have been having this issue since November 2015 with no solutions found so far. I believe this is due to a graphics driver update, possibly since Catalyst 15.7.

I record a lot of video game footage for YouTube, I use Mirillis Action primarily and it has a feature that lets you use AMD APP technology to record to MP4 format. Unfortunately trying to use this feature has caused my whole PC to freeze since November and I have to hit the power button to restart it. I have also tried using AMD Raptr to record which uses the same technology as Mirillis Action but it also causes the exact same style of crash. No error logs are reported. My game is simply left at the exact frame it was on, the sound immediately stop and my computer is completely unresponsive until I restart it.

I am running Windows 7 64 bit.

AMD Sapphire HD 7970 GPU

Sabertooth 990FX Motherboard

AMD FX 8350 CPU

16GB RAM

All Graphics Drivers and Software Updates are up to date for Mirillis Action/Raptr

This is a serious issue occurring with my PC relating to the AMD acceleration technology for encoding videos and I've been having it for moths now with no resolution. Mirillis has a great support team but they have been unable to assist me so I am coming here to ask AMD for help. Please help! Thanks.

Outcomes