AnsweredAssumed Answered

AMD 9590 freezing and some BSD...

Question asked by surf3rdud3 on Mar 11, 2016
Latest reply on Mar 13, 2016 by techguy

So I've been having system lockups for about 2 months now... I have RMA'd almost every part in my rig besides the GPU's and the RAM... since I tested the RAM by switching out sticks with sticks I knew worked fine from another Rig in the household. And same goes for the GPU which was a 6950 card. I recently took it back to the local PC shop for I don't know... the third time. Luckily this time they had a spare AMD CPU, popped it in and was able to run Arma 2 for about an hour without any lockups. So that pretty much determined that the problem was in fact the 9590 I had in the build.

What I don't understand is that prior to the sudden lockups I had no problems with it for over a year. Once I threw another XFX 290x in the mix the problems occurred, now I was told that the added GPU wouldn't be a problem with my 1000W PSU so I dropped in and played for an hour maybe and the freezes started, so at first I thought it was my new card. I took it out and the problem was still happening. So I figured the Mobo went bad I RMA'd it still happening, thought it was my PSU I RMA'd it as well and the problem was still there.

So I just recieved my CPU back from AMD I throw it in and put the thermal paste on and booted it up. It was running fine until I started downloading the Division via Steam and it lockedup again... I read somewhere that I can disable Turbo Boost in the BIOS but I couldn't find it in my particular BIOS but I heard mixed feelings on the matter so I gave up looking.

I just started getting Bluescreen of Death when I got my CPU back as well I never have enough time to see what the actual error is.

Also heard to disable C1E and C6 in the BIOS but I also heard negative things on it as well.

I heard you can turn down the multiplier to like 20 I did but it still is freezing.

Also would like to know if my PSU can handle all this? I asked the techs at the PC Shop and they said it shouldn't have any problems.

At this point I'm pretty confused as to what to do. It seems I've tried everything I can think of.

I'd like to note that my drivers and BIOS are all up to date.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Current Build:

Mobo: ASUS Sabertooth 990FX R2.0

GPU: 2x XFX R9 290X 4GB

PSU: Corsair RM1000W

CPU: AMD FX-9590 Vishera 4.7 GHz Black Edition

CPU Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series H100i 240mm

RAM: 4x G.Skill Ripjaws Series 4GB DDR3

Storage: Samsung Evo 250GB & a WD 1TB HD

Outcomes