3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 11, 2016 2:09 AM by holderhek

AMD Black Screen help

discliper

Hello,

So like on the title, everytime I install the new drivers of AMD I get booted to a Black Screen. Its just a black screen after the windows logo, no mouse cursor or anything. The pc tells me that windows apparently couldnt even start up and on a restart it gives me boot options for safe mode and stuff. I literally really tried everything, I contacted AMD too but they couldnt help me. Right now they told me that my system cant configure the drivers, but on windows 10 the same happened and i installed original windows 7 version after that cuz i was not able to enter safe mode because I was too stupid to know the buttons. My Black Screen goes away after deleting atikmdag.sys file in windows system 32 drivers. But i can only watch videos after that. Games play in backround.

System Information:
      Windows 7 Home Premium 64x bit
      AMD FX(tm)-8350 Eight Core Processor  4 GHz
      AMD Radeon R9 200 Series 270x Graphics Card

20 GB RAM DDR3

For more Information feel free to ask.

• Re: AMD Black Screen help
          blackheart6004

I can confirm that deleting the file atikmdag.sys does fix the black screen bug. Was able to do it while doing a driver install via Safe Mode was the only way, however, in the Device Manager, it's showing a exclamation mark in a triangle saying and in the General tab after restarting into normal mode, it says:

"This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device (Code 31)

(Operation Failed)

The requested operation was unsuccessful."

Looks like the bug is in the file making the black screen issue.