9 Replies Latest reply on Mar 12, 2016 8:19 AM by Hardwood

Fps loss suddenly!

loftzu

Hey guys, Since lately I've been experiencing FPS lag on games like CS:GO. I used to run the game fine without any fps problems or anything. But suddenly from one day on the other my FPS just isn't as high anymore and makes the games not smooth at all and very unenjoyable. I've checked my temps and everything seems normal. Atleast not like it's overheating.

https://gyazo.com/b63fed1cd1542a4e27645660eb676384

Here is a screenshot while monitoring my temps etc. I have no clue how this happened. Also maybe worth mentioning is that my youtube videos at 1080p60 Are not smooth either as they should be. I feel like something is wrong here but I'm just not sure what! I hope somebody can really help me out! I've tried scanning for malwares but no result!

My specs:

CPU: AMD FX(tm)-6300 Six-Core Processor (6 CPUs) 3.5GHz

GPU: ATI Radeon HD 7800 Series

RAM: 8 GB

Thanks in advance.

• Re: Fps loss suddenly!
          amdmatt

Please provide more information so we can help. For example, what drivers are you using?

anastasopoulosnikolaos@yahoo.gr

i have a similar problem.try to disable vsync maybe it helps.also try to run the game at windowed fulscreen mode.this is a knowk issue for amd but has done nothing to fix it

loftzu

I'm using the Radeon Crimson 15.12 driver, the latest one.

loftzu

Also my Display is a SAMSUNG SyncMaster 923nw @ 60Hz

Its also worth mentioning that my screen goes black (power saving or something) when my pc is at idle. It also happened recently last few days and I didn't change the setting cause it's still on off.

Hardwood

One thing I'd do is, go into BIOS setup and load factory defaults then save it. If you need to make changes to disable devices/features of the motherboard you can do this after loading defaults then save it.

Sometimes antivirus scans all incoming outgoing data which will really slow things down. Test with AV off.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                        loftzu

Hey thanks for the reply. I've tried like you've asked didn't change much

I've also tried with antivirus off etc and firewall and stuff. Still same results. Also i've noticed a high pitched beep coming from my pc. It's not very noticeable when doing stuff. But when its really quiet you will notice it a little bit. Could this have to do anything with this?

Hardwood

See AMDMatt's reply. very important.

The noise might be your PSU going or something equally bad.

loftzu

Damn, well I rather have my psu dying on me instead of my CPU or GPU if i have to be honest!

Hardwood

You can buy cheapo stethoscopes that  mechanics use and listen in on all the case's internals. I found the source of my unusual noise inside the psu that way.
                                  Beeping is a bit different though so don't go throwing out the psu until you've checked. You can always substitute parts when diagnosing things like this too.

Some other things to try.. going back to  your main issue.

Look for an old System restore point from before this issue started.

Use MSCONFIG to disable ALL unnecessary startup items and see how things go. If it  helps add them back one at a time.

Use an Administrator command prompt to run SFC /SCANNOW to check all your system files. It will leave a log of it's findings and fixes.

Upgrade to Win10  (don't listen to them pesky naysayers   ) which would eliminate my next suggestion and save a lot of grief.

The best cure although tedious is MAKE A BACKUP of your OS personal folder and anything else important and reinstall the OS which usually fixes everything.