2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 9, 2016 1:15 AM by joseph1853

stereo only

joseph1853

I have a radeon hd 5570 graphics card and I'm only getting an option for stereo sound through amd hdmi output? It's happened I think after I "upgraded" to windows 10 from windows 7. It worked fine with windows 7. Had true digital surround signal being sent through hdmi from graphics card so I know it will do it but can't seem to figure out how to get it to work with windows 10. I have checked and driver is up to date. I also have a splitter that splits the sound from the video. One goes to flat screen digital audio cable goes to stereo..

• Re: stereo only
          tomtalk24

In Windows Sound, Properties of your monitor > Supported Formats. How many channels is it reporting as Max?

Check that you have configured the number of channels in Windows Sound. Cant remember what is default (2).

Enable Surround Sound on the TV without your external Amp, and you should hear all 5 channels from the TV even if it only has 2.

• Re: stereo only
              joseph1853

It's reporting 2 channels as the only options on windows sound. Surround is not an option. I also checked on my flat screen sound option and it did not give surround as an option either. When I go into sound under control panel and right click on amd hdmi output which is to configure speakers it only has the option for stereo were as before it had an option for digital surround....