2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 10, 2016 4:34 PM by kingfish

Error with Switchable Graphics

dave_pinkman

Hi all, i bought a semi-new HP Pavilion 15-p012ns. This laptop has an integrated AMD Radeon HD 8610G and a dedicated AMD Radeon r7 260M.

When i try to play GTA V with my laptop (checking with 'MSI Afterburner' software) my OS uses the AMD Radeon HD8610G (with 800MB of Graphics Memory).
      I have AMD Radeon 15.12v software. I tried to change the preferences but i cant disable the HD8610G GPU. what can i do?

Captura.PNG

As u can view my laptop configures the AMD Radeon R7 M260 as 'Vinculated" GPU and the integrated HD8610G as 'Primary' GPU.

Some help please?

I have Windows 10.

THX! :D

• Re: Error with Switchable Graphics
          amdmatt

To configure an application to use the discrete GPU you need to open Radeon Settings > Preferences > Additional Settings.

In CCC Slim, navigate to Switchable Graphics Application Settings. This area will allow you to select which 3D application uses the Integrated GPU or the High Performance GPU. Add the application to CCC and select High Performance Mode to ensure that the High Performance GPU is used. Note, it is recommend to have the laptop plugged in and Windows configured to High performance mode in the Control Panel > Power options to ensure you get the best possible performance.

• Re: Error with Switchable Graphics
            kingfish

In the bios, can you select which graphics will be the Primary?

Your laptop needs these Legacy drivers > Legacy