12 Replies Latest reply on Mar 2, 2018 2:39 AM by robiii

Three monitors, only two work.

leonhyrule

Sorry if I picked the wrong location for this.

I have a AMD Radeon R9 280 graphics card and Windows 10. I have two samsung monitors connected to one of the DVI to VGA connectors and one using HDMI as an extended display.

I want to connect my cintiq as a third monitor via a mini display port. So I have two monitors connected via a legacy video signal and one will be connected via a native video signel.

When I connect the third monitor using a passive display port to HDMI adapter cable the monitor is detected by Windows but does not display.

However, I am able to two of any of the three monitors to display and work correctly in any of the combination of ports and monitors, but never all three at the same time.

The advanced display settings window shows all three monitors have been detected but when I click the 'multiple display' drop down box and switch 'disconnect this display' to 'extend desktop to this display' and click apply, I get an error message saying 'display settings could not be saved. please try a different combination of display settings'

Unless I was miss informed during my purchase of the PC with the graphics card, It should be able to support up to 6 monitors, and based on my research the ports and adaptors I am using should be correct. The drivers are all up to date as far as I am able to get them to be.

What do I need to get the third monitor to work?