10 Replies Latest reply on Mar 11, 2016 1:25 AM by amdmatt

I have an 8-core AMD FX 8320E, clocked at 3.20 GHz. I have been receiving BSOD's.

strangelygrimm

I recently purchased a computer with the FX 8320E in it. I have been receiving the blue screen of death(Saying WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR) when I either render footage or play a graphically-intense game. This led me to believe that the cooler/thermal paste was done incorrectly. I checked, everything works out fine. When I checked the event logs, and it said that core 7 (Actually number 8) caused the problem. So I opened up the Resource Monitor to see if the core was behaving strangely. I was not using the core at the time- it was parked (Image included). It clicked in my head that when I run the processor under heavy loads, all of the cores are utilized. I kept an eye on the resource monitor and rendered video, to see if the 8th core being used was the problem. Sure enough, when I rendered video, the last thing I saw before the BSOD I got was that core 7 opened up and was being used. I tried resetting the BIOS, reducing voltage to the CPU, still not working.

EDIT: I disabled the 8th core, still blue-screening. I check the event logs this time, now it's the 7th core causing the problem.

PC Specifications:

• Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
      • CPU: AMD FX-8320E Eight-Core Processor
      • 8GB DDR3 RAM
      • Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti
      • Motherboard Model: BIOSTAR A960G+
      • BIOS brand: American Megatrends Inc., Version 080015