5 Replies Latest reply on Apr 13, 2016 7:06 AM by amdmatt

Crimson will not load - HD 7310

tasng4

I have a problem with my Nero 2014 Video editing software, it will not load.

I have been told by Nero support that my video driver is out of date (Version 15.200.1062.1004) despite the autodetectutility.exe confirming everything is upto date.  So is the Crimson Beta graphis driver applicable to my graphics card?  When I run the install (non-whql-64bit-radeon-software-crimson-16.1.1-win10-win8.1-win7-jan30.exe inc. the 16.2.1 version) the audio driver(AMD High Definition Audio Device 9.0.0.9910) is installed but not the video, in fact the video driver does not appear in the list of drivers which will be installed.

Any help greatefully received.

• Re: Crimson will not load - HD 7310
          amdmatt

Are you using the correct Crimson 16.2.1 Legacy Beta driver?

tasng4

Thanks for replying, I have tried to install version 16.2.1 but it seems it's a different one to what you suggest.  'My' version is called "Non-WHQL-64Bit-Radeon-Software-Crimson-16.2-Win10-Win8.1-Win7-Feb23.exe" which I found on the AMD site here --> LegacyI also downloaded 16.1.1 but bizzairely version 16.1.1 has dissapeared.

I will try 'your' version and report back.

tasng4

Further to my earlier reply, still being moderated, I have now successfully installed version 16.2.1.  I will go back to Nero and tell them, their product still doesn't work.  However, I dare say they will say that I should have installed version 16.1.1 but I can't now find this on your site.  Do you know where it went or is it no longer available?

Below are the file names I have downloaded and tried to install without success:

16.1.1 --> non-whql-64bit-radeon-software-crimson-16.1.1-win10-win8.1-win7-jan30.exe

16.2.1 --> Non-WHQL-64Bit-Radeon-Software-Crimson-16.2-Win10-Win8.1-Win7-Feb23.exe

and the one you pointed me at and I installedl --> non-whql-64bit-nieg-radeon-crimson-16.2.1-win10-win8.1-win7-feb27.exe

I will see what Nero say about this version 16.2.1.

I won't close this case until I hear from them as I'm expecting them to say I have the wrong driver.

tasng4

Well thanks to everyone who put in some effort on helping me but it's all been for nought!!!  Nero finally got back to me after 'supporting' me for 10 weeks with the following reply:

Customer Support [2016-04-13 11:16:59.167]

Dear Neil,

As Nero 2014 is an older Generation of Nero, we have to inform you that such older Generation is no longer maintained.

Therefore there will be no new updates available anymore. Sorry.

Sincerely,

Nero Support

amdmatt

16.2.1 should work okay on your system. If you continue to have problems, let me know and i will try to locate 16.1.1 for you. Sorry to hear about the lack of Nero support.