4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 5, 2016 1:08 PM by catadeluxe

Radeon Settings: Host Application has stopped working

skistar002

Hello all,

I have an XFX R9 380 4Gb card and it's about 2 months old. Ever since I have gotten it, an error message that says "Radeon Settings: Host Application has stopped working" appears about 2 minutes after I boot up my PC. I tried to update my drivers by using the AMD Cleanup utility to remove all drivers, and then the AMD AutoDetect utility to reinstall them. AutoDetect says that I have the most recent drivers. After all that, I still have the error message pop up.

Once the application stops working, I cannot go back into the program to configure settings. It also just looks bad when it happens every time I boot up and I have never been able to fix it.

I have searched many threads and I haven't found any solutions. The driver I have is "Radeon Software Crimson Edition Graphics Driver Installer for Windows 10 64-Bit."

I am running an 8-core 8350 @4.0Ghz, an XFX Radeon R9 380 (R9-380P-4255X), 12Gb of DDR3 RAM, an 850 watt PSU, Windows 10 64bit with all updates installed.

Thank you!

Tyler

• Re: Radeon Settings: Host Application has stopped working
          darkbeast

I have the same problem. I tried Crimson when it first came out, got the "Radeon Settings: Host Application has stopped working" error soon after installing. Decided to go back to Catalyst GUI (but still use Crimson drivers) because Catalyst had more advanced options. That worked well for awhile. But now that most of the advanced features in Catalyst don't work anymore with the last few driver versions I decided to go back to Crimson GUI. I got the "Radeon Settings: Host Application has stopped working" error a few minutes after rebooting from the install. Although I can restart Radeon Settings and it works fine and hasn't crashed again so far.

If you disable the option to display system tray icon does the problem still occur? There's another post about this Radeon Setting Has Stopped . It's possible some program or background process is conflicting with Crimson. Maybe you should try disabling all unnecessary programs and their associated services then slowly enable them one by one to see which one might be causing it. I might have to try this too if it starts crashing on me constantly. So far it's only crashed on me once when I logged into Windows but I restarted Radeon Settings and everything has been fine.

I'm using 280X and Win 7 64bit.

lazy

have same problem. everytime i turned on the pc i got same warning: "radeon additional settings: host application has stopped the work". pls advice.system info.jpgradeon additional settings warning.jpg

kingfish

If everyone reports it to AMD, then there is a chance for a fix. Posting on a forum is not a report.

AMD Issue Reporting Form

1 of 1 people found this helpful