2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 5, 2016 2:33 PM by amdmatt

AMD A10 5745m - radeon R7 M260 Laptop HP laptop

magyarfan

I have an HP laptop with AMD A10 5745m and Radeon R7 M260 graphics, Win. 8.1 64 bit.

Playing BF3 or Farcry3 it crashes, and i get messages "DirectX - GetDeviceRemovedReason - failed with DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_RESET - device reset due to a badly formed commant. GPU AMD Radeon HD 8610G driver 15.8"

I tried with new graphics driver, but same error. I configured the switchable graphics in Catalyst Control Center, so the games use the R7 M260, not the integrated Radeon HD8610G. What can i do against the crashes?

• Re: AMD A10 5745m - radeon R7 M260 Laptop HP laptop
          magyarfan

I have an HP laptop with AMD A10 5745m and Radeon R7 M260 graphics, Win. 8.1 64 bit.

Playing BF3 or Farcry3 it crashes, and i get messages "DirectX - GetDeviceRemovedReason - failed with DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_RESET - device reset due to a badly formed commant. GPU AMD Radeon HD 8610G driver 15.8"

another error type

"DirectXfunction - DXRenderer::map - failed with DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED: hardware device removed. GPU AMD Radeon HD 8610G driver 15.8 This error is usually caused by the graphics driver crashing, try installing the latest drivers. Also make sure you have a supported graphics card with at least 512MB"

I tried with new graphics driver, but the same errors. I configured the switchable graphics in Catalyst Control Center, so the games use the R7 M260, not the integrated Radeon HD8610G. What can i do against the crashes?

• Re: AMD A10 5745m - radeon R7 M260 Laptop HP laptop
            amdmatt

Please try the following steps.

1. Run the Windows self check tool to check scan and automatically repair any corrupt files found in Windows. There is a guide on how to do it here.  What you need to do is run an elevated command prompt (elevated means run it as administrator) and type SFC /SCANNOW. This will generate a statement indicating if errors were found the Operating system and if they were fixable. Don't panic if they are not able to be repaired, continue with the steps below. If the steps below don't resolve the issue, then it's time for a fresh Windows installation.

2. Make sure you have installed Microsfot NetFramework and Visual C++ 2013. These should be installed already, but they can become damaged, need repairing or reinstalling.

3. Update Windows. Install all available critical, recommended and optional updates. Often Netframework and Visual C are included in the recommended or optional updates Windows provides. Windows should always be fully up to date before installing our drivers!

4. Install Catalyst 15.11.1 Beta available here.

5. Leave switchable graphics enabled.

Have the above steps should resolve your issue?

1 of 2 people found this helpful