7 Replies Latest reply on Mar 22, 2016 1:14 AM by hauntis

radeon 7750 diablo 3

hauntis

At the moment I'm running a Radeon HD 7750 on an ASUS M5A97 EVO R2.0 motherboard, 4gb RAM etc, enough to 'run' Diablo 3. What I want to know is: what graphics drivers should I be running to avoid the black screens and BSoD? and what settings should they be on in Control Centre?

• Re: radeon 7750 diablo 3
          amdmatt

Please provide more information so we can help you.

hauntis

What happens is that within a minute of playing Diablo 3 or Hearthstone I get a number of black screens (within 2-3 secs of each other) and when it's had enough, it either A: crashes the game altogether or B: Blue Screen of Death appears. I've only had this system for 3 yrs now and every other game works perfectly fine, all except these two. I've done all that the Blizzard Support have asked me to do (nothing rectified), tried numerous driver versions, etc... I'm yet to try my dad's Radeon 7770 and if that fails I'm considering looking at a new graphics card/motherboard altogether

hauntis

Info from my Radeon Settings:

Graphics Card Manufacturer - Powered by AMD

Graphics Chipset - AMD Radeon HD 7700 Series

Device ID - 683F

Vendor ID - 1002

SubSystem ID - 2260

SubSystem Vendor ID - 1458

Revision ID - 00

Bus Type - PCI Express 3.0

Current Bus Settings - PCI Express 2.0 x16

BIOS Version - 015.026.000.000

BIOS Part Number - xxx-xxx-xxx

BIOS Date - 2012/10/24 08:54

Memory Size - 2048 MB

Memory Type - DDR3

Memory Clock - 800 MHz

Core Clock - 850 MHz

Total Memory Bandwidth - 25 GByte/s

2D Driver File Path - /REGISTRY/MACHINE/SYSTEM/ControlSet001/Control/Class/{4d36e968-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}/0000

amdmatt

Please try updating your driver to Crimson 16.2.1 Hotfix available here.

hauntis

sorry for the delayed response since i've been ill the last few days, I've downloaded the new 16.3 hotfix and about to try that driver version out. I did try 16.2.1 the day it was released but the problem still remained. Here's hoping the 16.3 has some (if any) improvement *edited* 16.3 = no improvement, may have to upgrade motherboard and graphics card i've messaged the netcafe i go to regularly and requested their pc specs (since diablo 3 runs perfectly fine there) and awaiting their answer