6 Replies Latest reply on Mar 6, 2016 12:00 PM by desertpunk187

low framerate in most games

desertpunk187

ok im stuck guys and gals

i have been testing my computer trying to figure out why my computer is getting real low frames in say arma 3 warframe bf4 ect

my system is

amd fx 8320 cooled by h80i aio liquid cooler

asus sabertooth fx990 sb950

2x 8gb corsair xms ddr3 1333 pc3 10600 16gb total

• Timing 9-9-9-24

2x xfx r9 290x in crossfire mode setup

500gb samsung ssd os installed on it

2tb wd hdd everything install on it

lazer 1000w psu

only running games in 1920x1080

os is win 10

ccc says radeon 16.1.1 but under update it says 15.301

how ever my wifes computer is not having any troubles with arma 3 warframe or bf4

shes running

gigabyte 990fxa uda

xfx double d hd 7870

amd fx 6300-6 core not oc

wd black 1tb

gskill trident 8gb

raidmax 1000w psu

in arma 3 shes getting 45-60

im getting 10-26 on same setting as hers

i have done a drive clean install

i am at a loss of what i should do my twin r9 290x should be great i do know they are hungry cards

if any ideas on what to do that be great

• Re: low framerate in most games
          techguy

Have you tried using OCCT or similar applet to monitor the CPU frequency, CPU core temp, vcore voltage, etc. while gaming to see if there is an obvious hardware issue? If that looks good you might try removing one GPU card to see how your system performs.

1 of 2 people found this helpful
              desertpunk187

tried that as well swapped cards to make sure both cards are adequate to run these games same results tho on card in ccc max is 1500 on memory clock where as the other is 2000 memory clock. would my memory be a bottleneck? and forgot to mention my icons on my desktop are constantly moving around every time i power on or restart the computer. i read that on another forum and they said it may be a driver issue

black_zion

Is she using Windows 10 too, or 7 or 8.1?

desertpunk187

yeah she is using win 10 as well

black_zion

Nah, RAM speed isn't really a factor unless you're using an APU. Power supply isn't something I'd trust with $1000 worth of hardware but it seems adequate enough. Does GPUz say both cards are running at PCIe 2.x x16? What about disabling Windows 10's driver updates and using Display Driver Uninstaller to do a clean installation? What if you create another partition and install (but do NOT activate) Windows 7 or 8 and see if you get the same issue.

desertpunk187

GpuZ when i tested them it said they were both in 16x mode i have done a clean install with my display drivers tho now fiddling around with swapping cards something has gone wrong if i put a card in the top pci e slot the screen glitches and has rainbow styled lines going across the screen when i play a game or move the mouse then the screen goes black after a few minuted and i have to reset the computer. now if i put a card in the lower slot everything is normal but if i exit a game the screen is black until i click the mouse button so im going to rma my board hopefully everything goes back to normal tho i will be posting back here after i get a new one